Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baylor Sub-I
Thoughts? Experiences? Advice?
I think away rotators did 2 weeks at MD Anderson, 1 week at St lukes, and 1 week at Ben Taub

MD Anderson is a pretty sweet rotation. Just show up to round on your patients and get assigned cases by the chief. In the OR all day seeing cool cases. Level of involvement in cases is variable. It looks good if you stay for the last case everyday (can be pretty late, regularly operate till like 12AM). PD operates here so try to get on those cases. Try to get your MD anderson credentials before you get to Baylor, otherwise it can hold you back.

Ben Taub time will be between the NICU that is run by nsg and the OR. In the OR expect to see any kind of case. Students typically do physical exams on NICU patients as team rounds, try to be confident in your examination and presenting skills. Should have good opportunity at Ben Taub to do a-lines, central lines, and EVDs. Otherwise just be helpful in ICU, call consults etc.

St Lukes get there early to help get numbers and round. This is a time you can actually be super useful so take it seriously. After that just go to OR all day. This is where the chair operates, so scrub those cases. Otherwise, you can see pretty much any kind of adult nsg here. You will likely help with floorwork between cases. It looks good to stay for the last cases of the day, which are usually spine or down in endo. OR involvement is variable, but you should be able to drill some burr holes at least.

Call has changed with implementation of night float. I think you will do call w night float and also at ben taub.
heard they are recruiting big name spine guy
(05-22-2018, 02:19 AM)Guest Wrote: heard they are recruiting big name spine guy

From where? Sheth came over from Columbia bringing over a huge amount of research funding.
He's not spine
(05-22-2018, 03:54 PM)Guest Wrote: He's not spine

I know he's functional, just saying they added another big name in a subspecialty.
It's gonna be a ucsf spine guy. He was there as visiting professor few months back
(05-22-2018, 10:18 PM)Guest Wrote: It's gonna be a ucsf spine guy. He was there as visiting professor few months back

Sanjay Dhall. Makes sense, he's a Baylor med alum
(05-22-2018, 12:19 AM)Guest Wrote: I think away rotators did 2 weeks at MD Anderson, 1 week at St lukes, and 1 week at Ben Taub

MD Anderson is a pretty sweet rotation. Just show up to round on your patients and get assigned cases by the chief. In the OR all day seeing cool cases. Level of involvement in cases is variable. It looks good if you stay for the last case everyday (can be pretty late, regularly operate till like 12AM). PD operates here so try to get on those cases. Try to get your MD anderson credentials before you get to Baylor, otherwise it can hold you back.

Ben Taub time will be between the NICU that is run by nsg and the OR. In the OR expect to see any kind of case. Students typically do physical exams on NICU patients as team rounds, try to be confident in your examination and presenting skills. Should have good opportunity at Ben Taub to do a-lines, central lines, and EVDs. Otherwise just be helpful in ICU, call consults etc.

St Lukes get there early to help get numbers and round. This is a time you can actually be super useful so take it seriously. After that just go to OR all day. This is where the chair operates, so scrub those cases. Otherwise, you can see pretty much any kind of adult nsg here. You will likely help with floorwork between cases. It looks good to stay for the last cases of the day, which are usually spine or down in endo. OR involvement is variable, but you should be able to drill some burr holes at least.

Call has changed with implementation of night float. I think you will do call w night float and also at ben taub.
Fantastic answer, thanks brother/sister
I heard Dhall got convinced to stay at UCSF

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)