Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to residents: Ranking timing
I know it's variable but wanted to know if your program has had the ranking meeting yet? When does your program and other programs you are aware of usually meet? I would appreciate timing (e.g., first week of Feb) rather than a general long interval of early January to early February.
Our program has a daily rank meeting where the group of applicants that were interviewed that day are ranked. A preliminary master rank-list of all applicants is generated on the last interview date. This list is then tweaked over the next month or so as an additional applicant or two is interviewed, or people do second-looks or express significant interest. Ultimately the final rank list is decided by the program director and chairman sitting down and locking in the rank list and then submitting it. In general though, I dont think the top few or bottom half change much. No idea when that final rank meeting is, though. I suspect there is no set time, but basically when the two top guys' schedules overlap.
Our faculty rank day of interviews as well and then bring everything together and hash it out after all interviews are complete, usually mid- or late-January. There may be some shuffling thereafter by PD/Chairman based on calls/letters/etc up until the final list is submitted, but small jumps here and there, nothing yuge.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)