Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone calls
Has anyone been getting phone calls from programs? When does this usually happen?
I've gotten 3 from UVA, already.
(02-01-2017, 01:58 PM)Guest Wrote: HqgI've gotten 3 from UVA, already.

You've gotten three individual calls, all from UVA?
(02-02-2017, 06:14 PM)Guest Wrote:

Yeah resident(s) call (at least to me), didn't mention anything about being ranked to match.  I've gotten calls from a couple other programs and emails from some PDs, mostly within the last two weeks.  It's a mix of saying they're enthusiastic about my application and saying that I'm ranked to match/ranked highly.  Obviously it doesn't mean much because they're calling/emailing multiple people..they're just trying to get as many people to rank them number 1 as possible (just like we are).  Btw these are places that I did not do second looks at or have any post-interview correspondence with.
(02-09-2017, 10:35 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 06:14 PM)Guest Wrote:

Yeah resident(s) call (at least to me), didn't mention anything about being ranked to match.  I've gotten calls from a couple other programs and emails from some PDs, mostly within the last two weeks.  It's a mix of saying they're enthusiastic about my application and saying that I'm ranked to match/ranked highly.  Obviously it doesn't mean much because they're calling/emailing multiple people..they're just trying to get as many people to rank them number 1 as possible (just like we are).  Btw these are places that I did not do second looks at or have any post-interview correspondence with.

Can you name out these places please? Interested to see what programs have been calling so far so I can extrapolate from that on my chances there- at least it would tell me that I am not ranked highly there!
Yo, wassup bro? Been gettin calls from all these schools man. Keep extrapolating
Calls or alt-calls don't necessarily mean much. If you really want to know a program's level of interest in you, ask your home PD or attending to make a call to their PD directly. They can always say "can't discuss it" but it will be unlikely for a PD to misrepresent their intention to another PD.
(02-09-2017, 04:16 PM)alfalfa Wrote: alfalfa
Yo, wassup bro? Been gettin calls from all these schools man. Keep extrapolating

Nice try! Your problem that you are way below the guy you are stealing his screen name. He will definitely get pissed if he sees his name is used in that cheap way
(02-09-2017, 04:16 PM)alfalfa Wrote: Yo, wassup bro? Been gettin calls from all these schools man. Keep extrapolat

You failed to mention UCSF. Do you even alfalfa bro?
(02-09-2017, 05:29 PM)Neurofibroma Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 04:16 PM)alfalfa Wrote: Yo, wassup bro? Been gettin calls from all these schools man. Keep extrapolat

You failed to mention UCSF. Do you even alfalfa bro?

Actually laughed out loud. Alfalfa 4L

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)