Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Charting Outcomes
http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...eniors.pdf

Looks like step 1 avg went down to 245, #pubs went up to 18

Thoughts?
How do you freaks have an average of 18 a/p/p

I'm out here buyin knee pads for #4 like rent is due tomorrow damn
(07-01-2018, 03:02 PM)Guest Wrote: How do you freaks have an average of 18 a/p/p

I'm out here buyin knee pads for #4 like rent is due tomorrow damn

I think some applicants focus on quantity over quality. Don't get so hung up on the exact number.
What impressed me was the number of additional graduate degree and AOA folks that didn't match.

Regardless, to emphasize that number isn't publications. A school poster presentation at a research day counts to that and I imagine so do things that are submitted but not accepted. The number of actual publications probably averages around 3-5 from my experience.
Don't forget that exceptional outliers (people with 40-60 papers) markedly affect this "average" by pulling it up. It is safe to say that those people with so many papers can have 100+ a/p/p in their ERAS application. These applicants are not rare nowadays.

Looking at this match's applicants at my program, I would say the range of "published papers" was been 2-10 for most people we interviewed.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)