Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USMLE Step 2 Rank List
Does anyone know if any programs require a step 2 report to be ranked?
(01-14-2017, 06:06 PM)Harvey Penfield Jr Wrote: Does anyone know if any programs require a step 2 report to be ranked?

Short answer to your question -- yes. I was looking through program websites and FREIDA the other day and I know there was at least one that stated they needed a step 2 report in order to rank you. However, I don't remember which program this was in the long list of programs I've been researching -- if I come across it again I'll let you know.
It is not the trend, most programs don't give a crap about either step 2 CK or CS. I was asked one time (in over 20 interviews) if I took CK and I said I plan on taking it soon and that was it. I ended up doing quite well on CK and decided to release my score to my programs before rank lists were due anyways, but I didn't get the impression I wouldn't have been ranked or risked not matching without it.
(04-05-2017, 10:33 AM)Guest Wrote: It is not the trend, most programs don't give a crap about either step 2 CK or CS. I was asked one time (in over 20 interviews) if I took CK and I said I plan on taking it soon and that was it. I ended up doing quite well on CK and decided to release my score to my programs before rank lists were due anyways, but I didn't get the impression I wouldn't have been ranked or risked not matching without it.

If you don't mind sharing, what was your step 1?
GW requires both Step 2 CK and CS to rank
(04-05-2017, 11:12 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 10:33 AM)Guest Wrote: It is not the trend, most programs don't give a crap about either step 2 CK or CS. I was asked one time (in over 20 interviews) if I took CK and I said I plan on taking it soon and that was it. I ended up doing quite well on CK and decided to release my score to my programs before rank lists were due anyways, but I didn't get the impression I wouldn't have been ranked or risked not matching without it.

No problem, Mid 250s
(04-05-2017, 11:59 AM)Guest Wrote:

No problem, Mid 250s

That's why you didn't get asked.  Your step 1 score is delightful.
I'm pulling my hair right now. Do programs like Step 2 CK done before submitting ERAS? I'm wondering whether I should take a month off during the summer to get this done. So, I don't know when to do it with relations to my Sub Is. I don't want to do a Sub I in September because I'll be busy applying, and I don't want my letter to be late. I can't imagine studying during a Sub I. For reference, Step 1 = 260+. 3rd year, grades are H or P, didn't get many H's because of shelf exams, good school, good research.
(04-08-2017, 09:01 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 11:59 AM)Guest Wrote:

No problem, Mid 250s

That's why you didn't get asked.  Your step 1 score is delightful.

I agree, I should have been more clear. If your step 1 is good enough they won't care about step 2CK. For the ppl who have a less than superb step 1 you can make up for it a little bit (not all the way) with a stellar step 2CK.

(04-19-2017, 10:36 AM)Guest Wrote: I'm pulling my hair right now. Do programs like Step 2 CK done before submitting ERAS? I'm wondering whether I should take a month off during the summer to get this done. So, I don't know when to do it with relations to my Sub Is. I don't want to do a Sub I in September because I'll be busy applying, and I don't want my letter to be late. I can't imagine studying during a Sub I. For reference, Step 1 = 260+. 3rd year, grades are H or P, didn't get many H's because of shelf exams, good school, good research.

Well you can stop pulling your hair out, you can save that for the rest of the application stress. They won't care about either step 2. Kick ass in the sub-Is and submit ERAS without CK. Do not think you can study during sub-I because if you're doing it right you should barely have time to do anything else but bust your ass during a sub-I. Take CK in Dec or Jan and If you do anywhere close to your step 1 score, release it to them.
Bumping for 2020-2021. Is Step 2 CK required to be released to programs before rank lists are due?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)