Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chairs Shuffling
Couldn't compete w usc or ucla. They each have multiple superstar faculty members who could be chair now or very soon
A) can confirm. Alex khalessi is a total tool and complete phony. Whiny little napolean complexed kid who can only work with junior residents because anyone further up the food chain can't stand him. It's an open secret at UCSD that faculty and staff are running for the hills over even the threat of him becoming full chair. 

B) despite his best efforts, he's still a nobody wannabe. His productivity? LMAO. You mean his crappy abstract after crappy abstract? Guy can't produce a valuable thought to save his life.
(05-05-2017, 10:12 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 09:54 PM)Guest Wrote: Young grasshopper.....patience before you opine.

Ask his fellow members on Executive Committee of the Congress and the Joint CV section and they can give you an update on his academic neurosurgery credentials.   He will co-run the scientific program at the Congress this year; perhaps he will help select your abstract for presentation.

A pubmed search on Khalessi AA will tell you a little bit about his academic work and his productivity.

OK. So we have an insider from UCSD or a recently matched applicant there who is in the denial state and tries to say that UCSD is still strong. Let me tell you something, even with Carter and Chen UCSD was a mid tier program. Every program has 1-2 superstar residents and 1-2 new good faculty. If Carter and Chen, especially the latter, stayed for another 10 years then you could compete with UCLA and USC level. UCSD is shambles now period. Just take it and chill out.

Have you met Clark Chen?  I did an external rotation at UCSD a few years ago and had frequent meetings with him.  He is the biggest fraud in neurosurgery.  It does not surprise me that he left.  His former boss (Carter) was his senior resident when they were at MGH, so they looked out for each other.  Chen would be exposed as a fraud by the new chairman, which I hear is leaning toward a tumor/skull base candidate.  This is a significant win for UCSD now that the chairman can hire a new tumor surgeon without needing to fire Chen first.  It wouldn't surprise me if UCSD paid Minnesota to take him away.  This is a win for UCSD and a loss for Minnesota. 

I wonder if this means that UCSD has a big chairman announcement coming up.
This just took a turn.
(05-05-2017, 10:28 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 09:54 PM)Guest Wrote: Young grasshopper.....patience before you opine.

Ask his fellow members on Executive Committee of the Congress and the Joint CV section and they can give you an update on his academic neurosurgery credentials.   He will co-run the scientific program at the Congress this year; perhaps he will help select your abstract for presentation.

A pubmed search on Khalessi AA will tell you a little bit about his academic work and his productivity.

OK. So we have an insider from UCSD or a recently matched applicant there who is in the denial state and tries to say that UCSD is still strong. Let me tell you something, even with Carter and Chen UCSD was a mid tier program. Every program has 1-2 superstar residents and 1-2 new good faculty. If Carter and Chen, especially the latter, stayed for another 10 years then you could compete with UCLA and USC level. UCSD is shambles now period. Just take it and chill out.

Have you met Clark Chen?  I did an external rotation at UCSD a few years ago and had frequent meetings with him.  He is the biggest fraud in neurosurgery.  It does not surprise me that he left.  His former boss (Carter) was his senior resident when they were at MGH, so they looked out for each other.  Chen would be exposed as a fraud by the new chairman, which I hear is leaning toward a tumor/skull base candidate.  This is a significant win for UCSD now that the chairman can hire a new tumor surgeon without needing to fire Chen first.  It wouldn't surprise me if UCSD paid Minnesota to take him away.  This is a win for UCSD and a loss for Minnesota. 

This is a different discussion. All MGH and BWH products are fraud in neurosurgery. Chen was the only guy at UCSD has a real mentality and drive for research
(05-05-2017, 10:23 PM)Guest Wrote: A) can confirm. Alex khalessi is a total tool and complete phony. Whiny little napolean complexed kid who can only work with junior residents because anyone further up the food chain can't stand him. It's an open secret at UCSD that faculty and staff are running for the hills over even the threat of him becoming full chair. 

B) despite his best efforts, he's still a nobody wannabe. His productivity? LMAO. You mean his crappy abstract after crappy abstract? Guy can't produce a valuable thought to save his life.

Almost half of the UCSD residency does an infolded fellowship under him.  I'm pretty sure that is a good sign of A) his ability as a clinician and/or B) his ability as a faculty mentor.

Not sure how you can both run for the hills and electively choose to do his fellowship.  Facts speak louder than your speculation.
(05-05-2017, 11:01 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 10:23 PM)Guest Wrote: A) can confirm. Alex khalessi is a total tool and complete phony. Whiny little napolean complexed kid who can only work with junior residents because anyone further up the food chain can't stand him. It's an open secret at UCSD that faculty and staff are running for the hills over even the threat of him becoming full chair. 

Almost half of the UCSD residency does an infolded fellowship under him.  I'm pretty sure that is a good sign of A) his ability as a clinician and/or B) his ability as a faculty mentor.

Not sure how you can both run for the hills and electively choose to do his fellowship.  Facts speak louder than your speculation.
Like I said. Junior residents are the only ones who can stomach him. Even so Ask the ones who come out of it what they think of him...
That's not true. Residents wanted him as PD. It was announced and then deferred when he became acting clinical chair.
(05-05-2017, 10:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 10:28 PM)Guest Wrote:

This is a different discussion. All MGH and BWH products are fraud in neurosurgery. Chen was the only guy at UCSD has a real mentality and drive for research

Exactly this. Losing Chen is a huge blow to any academic hopes UCSD had
Chen is a loss; but so was Lawton when he left UCSF, and Berger when he left UW and on and on.  If a place can produce a Chair, then it can recruit another Chair aspirant.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)