Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018-2019 trail standouts
(08-03-2019, 07:32 AM)Guest Wrote: I mean these names are cool and all, but what made them special? How did they stand out from the rest of the crowd?

PhDs
Isn't it more impressive if you've published a ton without taking any time off? I feel like this is often overlooked. Anyone can take years off and publish a bunch of papers.
(08-03-2019, 02:37 PM)Guest Wrote: Isn't it more impressive if you've published a ton without taking any time off? I feel like this is often overlooked. Anyone can take years off and publish a bunch of papers.

Anyone can take years off and publish junk. Actually you don’t have to take time off

(08-02-2019, 10:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Azad at Hopkins

That NIH Cambridge PhD is strange. Seems like no one ever spends much time at Cambridge and then they all say they did their PhD at Cambridge. No, you spent 0-9 months out of 4 years at Cambridge and all your publishable work came from the NIH. Not a knock on NIH folks, but it seems inefficient for research
(08-03-2019, 02:29 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 07:32 AM)Guest Wrote: I mean these names are cool and all, but what made them special? How did they stand out from the rest of the crowd?

PhDs

Youngblood and Lee were MSTP, but Azad and Deng were not. I think it’s a driven by having a strong research pedigree and being a normal person.
this thread should get closed, given how threads on this site tend to devolve I don't think we should be calling out current pgy1s by name, even if it starts out only as positives. To the OP, there are a handful of candidates each year who have astounding academic productivity and also happen to be fairly normal humans. If you happen to be one of these extremely driven but still well adjusted people then kudos to you. If not, you'll still most likely be fine!
(08-04-2019, 12:04 AM)Guest Wrote: this thread should get closed, given how threads on this site tend to devolve I don't think we should be calling out current pgy1s by name, even if it starts out only as positives. To the OP, there are a handful of candidates each year who have astounding academic productivity and also happen to be fairly normal humans. If you happen to be one of these extremely driven but still well adjusted people then kudos to you. If not, you'll still most likely be fine!

100% agreed. Nip this one in the bud. Y’all are superstars and y’all are residents now. Time to stop comparing yourselves to each other and just focus on being better than you were yesterday.
(08-03-2019, 02:37 PM)Guest Wrote: Isn't it more impressive if you've published a ton without taking any time off? I feel like this is often overlooked. Anyone can take years off and publish a bunch of papers.

Cecilia Ore
Amy Wang
(08-05-2019, 01:40 AM)Guest Wrote:

Cecilia Ore
Amy Wang

I enjoyed interviewing with them both!
(08-05-2019, 09:12 AM)Guest Wrote:

Cecilia Ore
Amy Wang
both are very attractive chicas
(08-06-2019, 11:26 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:12 AM)Guest Wrote:

Cecilia Ore
Amy Wang
both are very attractive chicas
Let's not go there

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)