Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State
Can anyone who did a Sub-I at Ohio state talk about their experience?
One of my incoming co-residents did one there.

Pros: Said the volume and autonomy were impressive. Lots of young faculty with growing a growing research initiative. Residents and attendings are friendly. Columbus is a cool city. Good place if you're interested in endovascular, peds or tumor.

Cons: He didn't get a letter from Lonser because he's always out of town. Some of the bigger name faculty who were bringing in the research $$$ have left.
Rotated there a couple years ago. Lonser was a nice guy. Has big ambitions for the place
bump!
Sub-i’d there last year season, had a great time, ranked it highly —

Pros - huge volume, ton of opportunity for early operative independence, wide variety of cases, strong tumor and skull base programs, new young spine faculty bringing in a lot of cases, residents are fun seem to be a tight group. 2 year elective time to do either clinically enfolded work or research. Also strong peds program. And Columbus seemed like an excellent place to be either single or have a family

Cons - not as academic as some other programs, high volume leads to some busy call shifts

If you’re interested in operating and don’t mind being busy, I would recommend checking them out
Thanks for the info! Sounds like a great experience!
Strong program academically although you’re not forced to do research like other programs. Krystof Bankiewicz from UCSF brought some serious research funding and they’re getting junior spine faculty from Hopkins
New spine faculty?? Who?
Yeah, who??
(02-08-2020, 10:25 AM)Guest Wrote: Yeah, who??

The two from Iowa. Mendel (been there a while) does some big spine oncology cases.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)