Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.32 Average
Interview Invites 2019-2020
(02-25-2020, 11:52 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 05:39 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:33 PM)Guest Wrote: Anyone else NOT get any responses after sending a LOI? Makes me feel very uncertain about my number 1....

My number 1 didn’t respond at all. Even though supposedly they did to someone else I know

Yeah that’s gonna be a no from them chief. Especially at the top programs, if they ghost you or don’t tell you outright that they want you, then assume the chance is zero.

Is this actually true? Some top programs play by the book

There are some, but they are few and far between. Like bro if Columbia or MGH or Barrow tell you you’re they’re number one then are you gonna report them to the NRMP or take that spot? They know the answer to that and so do you.
(02-26-2020, 03:54 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 11:52 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 05:39 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:33 PM)Guest Wrote: Anyone else NOT get any responses after sending a LOI? Makes me feel very uncertain about my number 1....

My number 1 didn’t respond at all. Even though supposedly they did to someone else I know

Yeah that’s gonna be a no from them chief. Especially at the top programs, if they ghost you or don’t tell you outright that they want you, then assume the chance is zero.

Is this actually true? Some top programs play by the book

There are some, but they are few and far between. Like bro if Columbia or MGH or Barrow tell you you’re they’re number one then are you gonna report them to the NRMP or take that spot? They know the answer to that and so do you.

Makes sense. I have heard that BNI and UCSF have made phones calls to tell people they are the ones, anyone hear from MGH, Columbia, or Stanford?
Alex Khalessi
RIP my Barrow dreams. Was really hoping for that call
(02-26-2020, 06:37 PM)Guest Wrote: RIP my Barrow dreams. Was really hoping for that call

BNI didn’t make calls. Everything will be okay.
Preemptively making this thread for people to post his/her top 5, any communications received, etc. Cheers!
And what’s the point? Are you just trying to stress out people or humbly brag?
Does anyone know how accurate the spreadsheet is in terms of number of residents programs are taking this year? Saw some that didn’t match up with notes I had and wasn’t sure where those numbers are taken from. I could be wrong as well, thought I’d ask.
(02-27-2020, 03:41 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone know how accurate the spreadsheet is in terms of number of residents programs are taking this year? Saw some that didn’t match up with notes I had and wasn’t sure where those numbers are taken from. I could be wrong as well, thought I’d ask.

Relatively accurate but take with a grain of salt for programs that do alternating cohorts. Also, some programs have undergone complement increases
(02-27-2020, 04:25 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 03:41 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone know how accurate the spreadsheet is in terms of number of residents programs are taking this year? Saw some that didn’t match up with notes I had and wasn’t sure where those numbers are taken from. I could be wrong as well, thought I’d ask.

Relatively accurate but take with a grain of salt for programs that do alternating cohorts. Also, some programs have undergone complement increases
They were copy/pasted from last year's list. Thus, you have some programs like MGH listed as 4 residents, which is likely not the case this year. I'd go with your notes.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)