Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has to use the standardized letter template?
Who has to use the standardized letter template? Is it just the chair/program director and the gen surg letter? Or do other faculty that you have asked to write the letter need to use it too?
(09-22-2020, 02:38 PM)Guest Wrote: Who has to use the standardized letter template? Is it just the chair/program director and the gen surg letter? Or do other faculty that you have asked to write the letter need to use it too?

I believe anyone who writes you a letter has to use the template.
I don't think that's true.
One of the recent CNS webinars said that research mentor letters do not need to be templated.
What if the chair/program director are writing you one joint letter? Does the second home faculty have to use the template?
(09-22-2020, 06:44 PM)Guest Wrote: What if the chair/program director are writing you one joint letter? Does the second home faculty have to use the template?

Yes, from my knowledge all neurosurgeons and general surgeons writing letters must use the template (perhaps barring a research letter)
(09-23-2020, 06:39 AM)Guest Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 06:44 PM)Guest Wrote: What if the chair/program director are writing you one joint letter? Does the second home faculty have to use the template?

Yes, from my knowledge all neurosurgeons and general surgeons writing letters must use the template (perhaps barring a research letter)

I don't think this is true based on one of the SNS webinars. I think only gen surg is required to use it.
(09-24-2020, 07:13 PM)Guest Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 06:39 AM)Guest Wrote:

I don't think this is true based on one of the SNS webinars. I think only gen surg is required to use it.

Lol bro there is a neurosurgery specific form linked literally right above the general surgery one on the SNS website

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)