Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs that surprised you
(12-26-2020, 05:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Jeff and Rush. Not exactly low-tier programs, but was still impressed by both.

Wasn’t impressed with the culture at Rush tbh but the operative experience is solid. Liked the faculty way more than I was expecting to. Jeff almost seems too good to be true. Leadership has been stable for decades and the residents were great
(12-26-2020, 09:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 05:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Jeff and Rush. Not exactly low-tier programs, but was still impressed by both.

Wasn’t impressed with the culture at Rush tbh but the operative experience is solid. Liked the faculty way more than I was expecting to. Jeff almost seems too good to be true. Leadership has been stable for decades and the residents were great

^This. Jeff seemed to be selling themselves hardcore, hard to buy the hype given how malignant its been in the past.
Any more deets on the malignant culture? Many of the attendings were forward about that and def echoed a time when things were not as collegial but pretty vague about it otherwise
(12-26-2020, 09:05 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 07:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Positive Surprise: UC Davis and Alabama Birmingham -(incredibly solid)
Negative Surprise: George Washington

I'm curious - I interviewed with GW and while I thought the program was restructuring for sure (I got that impression from these forums before applying tbh), but I got the vibe that the PD was committed to the residents and to the rebuilding of the program. Was there anything in particular that stuck out to you that you weren't expecting?

also interested in this. thanks!
(12-26-2020, 11:39 PM)Guest Wrote: Any more deets on the malignant culture? Many of the attendings were forward about that and def echoed a time when things were not as collegial but pretty vague about it otherwise

Bump. Would also like to hear what you thought was malignant about Jeff. Didn't get bad vibes from any of the attendings and the residents all seemed pretty cool. My only real concern from the day was what the Penn vs Jeff competition is going to look like 5yr from now since Penn is looking to open a new $2 billion facility this fall...
(12-27-2020, 07:40 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 11:39 PM)Guest Wrote: Any more deets on the malignant culture? Many of the attendings were forward about that and def echoed a time when things were not as collegial but pretty vague about it otherwise

Bump. Would also like to hear what you thought was malignant about Jeff. Didn't get bad vibes from any of the attendings and the residents all seemed pretty cool. My only real concern from the day was what the Penn vs Jeff competition is going to look like 5yr from now since Penn is looking to open a new $2 billion facility this fall...

Things are way better now than they were before but it's the same leadership and faculty who have been there for years. It's not like a former chairman/PD were pushed out and replaced with new people. The residents are great though and you'll get good training
UC Davis is awesome. Orin Bloch is a relatively new hire, friends at Davis have said he's an absolute gangster operatively.
Negative surprise: Mayo, Methodist, Pitt
(12-27-2020, 09:55 PM)Guest Wrote: Negative surprise: Mayo, Methodist, Pitt

Mayo Phoenix Rochester or FL?
What were negative about those

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)