Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs that surprised you
^ What was wrong with the interview?
(01-11-2021, 09:49 AM)Guest Wrote: ^ What was wrong with the interview?

Probably took a wrong turn at the Gathertown and got lost
(01-11-2021, 09:40 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:53 AM)Guest Wrote: thoughts on Emory this year with the PD transition? I heard the volume is great but perhaps malignant?

I hated my interview with them. I hope there was a way to let them know that they shouldn't run their interviews that way again!

Same!!! I guess now they know Big Grin
(01-11-2021, 10:29 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:53 AM)Guest Wrote: thoughts on Emory this year with the PD transition? I heard the volume is great but perhaps malignant?

I hated my interview with them. I hope there was a way to let them know that they shouldn't run their interviews that way again!

Agreed. Emory interview format itself was horrendous. 5 attendings to a single applicant is way too many and the themes for the rooms felt unnecessarily forced, was not a fan.
Didn't interview at Emory but Utah had 4+ interviewers for 1 applicant and it worked out fine
(01-11-2021, 10:40 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 10:29 AM)Guest Wrote:

Agreed. Emory interview format itself was horrendous. 5 attendings to a single applicant is way too many and the themes for the rooms felt unnecessarily forced, was not a fan.

out of curiosity, what were the themes
(01-02-2021, 06:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 06:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 11:39 PM)Guest Wrote: Any more deets on the malignant culture? Many of the attendings were forward about that and def echoed a time when things were not as collegial but pretty vague about it otherwise

Didn't the chairman (who's still the current chairman) pull a gun on one of the residents?

LMAO no fucking way

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?th...tor.85913/

^I didn't believe it at first but I've heard attendings at my program talk about it

(01-15-2021, 12:11 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 06:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 06:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 11:39 PM)Guest Wrote: Any more deets on the malignant culture? Many of the attendings were forward about that and def echoed a time when things were not as collegial but pretty vague about it otherwise

Didn't the chairman (who's still the current chairman) pull a gun on one of the residents?

LMAO no fucking way

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?th...tor.85913/

^I didn't believe it at first but I've heard attendings at my program talk about it
someone copied and pasted the redacted news article in the comment section

According to the interviews, Cornell the junior residents operate a ton. PA coverage allows interns and PGY2s to scrub at least a case a day, opening/closing cases with chiefs, etc. Best operate experience in NYC.
(01-17-2021, 06:32 PM)Guest Wrote:
According to the interviews, Cornell the junior residents operate a ton. PA coverage allows interns and PGY2s to scrub at least a case a day, opening/closing cases with chiefs, etc. Best operate experience in NYC.

Volume is good at Cornell, but they get a lot of VIP patients where you get low autonomy in the OR. NYU and Sinai are both higher volume and higher autonomy. Cornell is much more balanced, which is great if that's what you want, I just wouldn't call it the best operative experience in NYC. I don't think anyone outside Cornell would either.
Sinai had malignant vibes

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)