Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number Needed to Match
The most recent Charting Outcomes data states that ranking 16-18 programs gave you a safe chance of matching. 
I had 16 interviews this cycle. Am I safe or should I be concerned that the number needed to match (NNM) this pandemic year will be closer 
to 25 based on buzz among applicants? 

Residents involved in committee meetings- are your programs ranking more people than normal this year?
Probably gonna need 30. Lots of competitive applicants this year
(01-12-2021, 12:17 AM)Guest Wrote: Probably gonna need 30. Lots of competitive applicants this year

The applicant spreadsheet from this year shows that only the top quartile received 30 or more interview invites. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1889988380
Do programs realize how many of the same applicants they are all interviewing?
(01-12-2021, 12:17 AM)Guest Wrote: Probably gonna need 30. Lots of competitive applicants this year

Trollolololol
Also in that 15-20 interview range and planning to rank all. I think we're going to be okay
(01-12-2021, 01:02 AM)Guest Wrote: Do programs realize how many of the same applicants they are all interviewing?

has anyone actually attended more 30 interviews? Being invited is one thing but people are cancelling too
Does an email saying you are one of my top programs actually mean anything to PDs if you aren't telling them they're your #1?
(01-23-2021, 03:07 PM)Guest Wrote: Does an email saying you are one of my top programs actually mean anything to PDs if you aren't telling them they're your #1?

I was told to only send letter to #1...because which programs would like to hear they are your alternatives lol?
(01-23-2021, 03:15 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 03:07 PM)Guest Wrote: Does an email saying you are one of my top programs actually mean anything to PDs if you aren't telling them they're your #1?

I was told to only send letter to #1...because which programs would like to hear they are your alternatives 
So no communication with #2 or #3 at all? I would've thought they'd still like to know who was interested. 
Obviously only sending a commit letter to #1

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)