Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville implosion
Louisville neurosurgery sucks. The program leadership allowed the fired vascular attending to terrorize and abuse residents for 11 years before they were forced to fire him by the ACGGME. Fire them all.
Have you been there before? My source of information is a PGY 3 at west coast. She is UofL grad . She mentioned they turn down too many other good applicants for that year in particular including her. So why bother to invite applicants for interviews? I'm trying to drag her to this thread. I never really been there but again stories from there gross me out and I'm quite sure one of their residents took them to the court last year that's why ACGME  was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was the outcome of ACGME site visit and the Law Suit?
(01-27-2021, 07:45 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 11:44 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 01:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:32 PM)Guest Wrote: I'm a little surprised. I interviewed at louisville last year and actually really liked it. I thought the chairman was one of the nicer and more approachable ones I met on the trail.

I am a PGY3. Interviewed there 3 years ago. Very surprised by these allegations.
#Louisvilleresident#

These kinds of responses are weird. The program is a horrible place to work and everyone hates it, but if someone defends it, it must be.. the residents clamoring to talk it up? lol

Former UofL med student here, very fortunate to match at another place that gets a considerable amount of attention on this forum.

I can confirm that most claims about this program are unfortunately true. When I was a Sub-I a few years back, I thought they had a promising trajectory but they continue to match unpleasant residents and perpetuate a poor resident culture. The faculty turnover and nearly nonexistent mentoring is also concerning. Not sure if I would even rank this place now.
For those of you saying negative things about UofL - was this before or after Neimat became chair?

I interviewed at UofL this year and like others in this thread who did so, I'm shocked - I got nothing but good vibes from the interview day
(02-11-2021, 10:37 AM)Guest Wrote: For those of you saying negative things about UofL - was this before or after Neimat became chair?

I interviewed at UofL this year and like others in this thread who did so, I'm shocked - I got nothing but good vibes from the interview day

Interested to know as well
Louisville student here. This is all Neimat. Don’t be fooled. He and some of his supporting staff are the devil in disguise. This is an awful training environment. Ask the female residents about the Misogynistic APD.
(02-11-2021, 01:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Louisville student here. This is all Neimat. Don’t be fooled. He and some of his supporting staff are the devil in disguise. This is an awful training environment. Ask the female residents about the Misogynistic APD.

Bump
(02-11-2021, 01:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Louisville student here. This is all Neimat. Don’t be fooled. He and some of his supporting staff are the devil in disguise. This is an awful training environment. Ask the female residents about the Misogynistic APD.

Also interviewed UofL this year. Really concerned to hear this, I got nothing but good vibes during interview day and was pretty optimistic about the program
Truth Hurts.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)