Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turf Wars
interventional neuroradiology, radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, ortho spine... can’t all of these specialties breach into neurosurgery and take our patients away and take away a large portion of our salary? This worries me for the future...
yes. u should go into those other fields
(07-26-2019, 01:54 PM)Guest Wrote: yes. u should go into those other fields

I agree.
oh no! who will think of the neurosurgeon's salary?!
(07-26-2019, 01:21 PM)Guest Wrote: interventional neuroradiology, radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, ortho spine... can’t all of these specialties breach into neurosurgery and take our patients away and take away a large portion of our salary? This worries me for the future...

For the most part, these specialties were the first ones on the scene and Neurosurgeons have taken over their patient populations, not the other way around. We're moving into peripheral nerve next.
What about focused ultrasound. Radiation oncology, neurology, radiology all want a piece.
(03-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 01:21 PM)Guest Wrote: interventional neuroradiology, radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, ortho spine... can’t all of these specialties breach into neurosurgery and take our patients away and take away a large portion of our salary? This worries me for the future...

For the most part, these specialties were the first ones on the scene and Neurosurgeons have taken over their patient populations, not the other way around. We're moving into peripheral nerve next.

I'd go further and say that Psychiatry certainly isn't safe. Lots of burgeoning interest in the functional neurosurgery field for applications in OCD, depression, anorexia, Alzheimer's disease...
(03-03-2021, 04:15 PM)Guest Wrote:

I'd go further and say that Psychiatry certainly isn't safe. Lots of burgeoning interest in the functional neurosurgery field for applications in OCD, depression, anorexia, Alzheimer's disease...

Lol are you serious? Neurosurgery is generally only reserved for the refractory cases. FOH with trying to claim that NS would try to sell functional surgery as a viable alternative to medication.
(03-03-2021, 07:39 PM)Guest Wrote:

Lol are you serious? Neurosurgery is generally only reserved for the refractory cases. FOH with trying to claim that NS would try to sell functional surgery as a viable alternative to medication.

Jokes on you. Gonna win a Lasker when I invent the depressionectomy and save Gen Z
(03-03-2021, 07:39 PM)Guest Wrote:

A simple 'wrong' would have done just fine

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)