Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Scores/Grades but Unique
(02-18-2017, 09:30 PM)Guest Wrote: I don't see much difference here between the OP and the football player in that link.....won't most PD eat this stuff up???

No. Also, you should actually read the article before you post something so stupid
(02-18-2017, 09:30 PM)Guest Wrote: I don't see much difference here between the OP and the football player in that link.....won't most PD eat this stuff up???
Astonishing statement.... are you really applying to neurosurgery?
Low stats/scores, huge pecker though...won't PDs eat this stuff up?
Where did you match?
(02-17-2017, 12:23 AM)MLS player Wrote: Hey all;

I'm a very unique applicant.  I was a Gates-Cambridge scholar before medical school, and I played in the MLS for two years.  My Step score is a 202 and I passed all my clerkships so far (no HP or H).  I'm in the bottom quartiles of my class in a historically primary care centered school.  I haven't done any research.

Would my Fullbright, URM status, and MLS experience be enough to set me apart.

I understand there is a former NFL player who was a Rhodes scholar who has a similar background to me and whom interviewed at a lot of top schools this year despite scores/school/grades being low like mine.

The OP is savage and can't hide how I am truly impressed with the way he wrote this. I am laughing now on the other posters tried to answer him. The OP is definitely a resident and interviewed that NFL applicant.
Def changed my thoughts on MGH w that match
(05-06-2017, 01:20 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 12:23 AM)MLS player Wrote: Hey all;

I'm a very unique applicant.  I was a Gates-Cambridge scholar before medical school, and I played in the MLS for two years.  My Step score is a 202 and I passed all my clerkships so far (no HP or H).  I'm in the bottom quartiles of my class in a historically primary care centered school.  I haven't done any research.

Would my Fullbright, URM status, and MLS experience be enough to set me apart.

I understand there is a former NFL player who was a Rhodes scholar who has a similar background to me and whom interviewed at a lot of top schools this year despite scores/school/grades being low like mine.

The OP is savage and can't hide how I am truly impressed with the way he wrote this. I am laughing now on the other posters tried to answer him. The OP is definitely a resident and interviewed that NFL applicant.

OP is mad that he did not match at whatever his preferred programs were.  Pissed off to discover that the 'formula' for matching was not what he thought it was and is now realizing that his nasty side somehow was picked up in the interviews and he didn't get the traction he thought he should have.  Now stuck in a mid-tier place with plenty of time on his hands. Years later still trolls these boards wondering what went wrong.
Wassup bro
"Nasty" academics are what make this field great. People are allowed to be upset about the match.
Get off your high horse and go join ortho if you have a problem with feelings.. People like you are trying to turn this field into a lifestyle specialty. Don't try.
(02-18-2017, 01:57 PM)Guest Wrote: lol this board is savage

They are still a little butt hurt about the NFL player. I mean I am too lol. He is crushing it.
idk if he’s “crushing it” but good luck to him

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)