Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diversity
(08-29-2021, 01:38 AM)Guest Wrote: I wonder how much those issues really occur. If it happens often enough, it’s best to avoid publishing in predatory journals.

Hopefully his name stays on those papers, or you got a bad deal for whatever shameful act you did to get his name on there…

Well its pretty common even in the prestigious outlets. I'll give some examples (all personal):

Blood (top-tier pub; poster/abstract): The DOI link didn't work, and the title was changed (I believe the 1st author changed the title after submission). If you look it up on Google, with some searching you can find the abstract, but if you don't spend time, you'd think I was lying. 

I emailed the editor and got a vague response, and I didn't bother to follow-up. 

ASCO: My name was spelled incorrectly. Again, I didn't bother to do anything. 

Shit journal/ shit/small conferences: Happens very frequently. The abstracts/posters are taken off-line. Maybe the host got a new data server, IT got addicted to meth, someone was raped and wanted revenge, who knows? But these get deleted a lot online. 

Even for the "special thanks" section, they are sometimes missing online. And even if you contact, nothing is done. 

Mind you, I will be sure to keep track of my son's publications now, and double-check to make sure all links work. But these mistakes are very frequent even for the big places. 

So I just think its fucked up that you would torpedo someone's carrier because of a glitch not even his fault. But that is how things work, and its fucked up, but you have to deal with it.
Harvard/Yale Neurosurgeon, You are a total fraud. If you are not a fraud you are a total embarrassment to the medical profession. Which is it?
(08-29-2021, 12:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Harvard/Yale Neurosurgeon,  You are a total fraud. If you are not a fraud you are a total embarrassment to the medical profession. Which is it?

You sound full of jealousy. Sound like someone who couldn't even make it into general surgery.
(08-29-2021, 01:38 AM)Guest Wrote: I wonder how much those issues really occur. If it happens often enough, it’s best to avoid publishing in predatory journals.

Hopefully his name stays on those papers, or you got a bad deal for whatever shameful act you did to get his name on there…

I have not personally had issues with it. The worst that's ever happened to me is missing an initial or something. The bottom line is you don't have to check every single paper for accuracy. It's not about typos or misspelled names. It is certainly not about persecuting people. It's about knowing the literature and knowing people in your specific field. The most prominent case that I was involved in had to do with someone who made the choice to claim false authorship of a paper when in fact I knew the paper and I knew the author and had in fact been a reviewer for it.
Harvard Yale are you your son?
(08-29-2021, 05:33 PM)Focus Wrote:

I have not personally had issues with it. The worst that's ever happened to me is missing an initial or something. The bottom line is you don't have to check every single paper for accuracy. It's not about typos or misspelled names. It is certainly not about persecuting people. It's about knowing the literature and knowing people in your specific field. The most prominent case that I was involved in had to do with someone who made the choice to claim false authorship of a paper when in fact I knew the paper and I knew the author and had in fact been a reviewer for it.

I suspect you have been in the research field for a short period of time. Over the years, papers get taken off the internet or get distorted for various reasons, as I have alluded to earlier.
(08-29-2021, 07:15 PM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote:

I suspect you have been in the research field for a short period of time. Over the years, papers get taken off the internet or get distorted for various reasons, as I have alluded to earlier.

A mere decade and change. Certainly no shorter a time than an applicant would be.
(08-29-2021, 08:43 PM)Focus Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 07:15 PM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote:

A mere decade and change. Certainly no shorter a time than an applicant would be.

Do you only publish in Nature/NEJ/Science/JN or what? Have you every presented at a small conference or something? Or in a pay-to-publish place? If so, you would know that articles are often deleted/mis-named/etc. Nothing unusual, so it seems odd that you would be a bitch and try to assume every inaccuracy is a lie. 

I guess their is no point spitting facts to you, you are one of those people determined to put others down, and nothing is going to change that.
Focus and Harvard Yale do know guys know each other? Sounds like you two have a history.
(08-29-2021, 10:14 PM)Guest Wrote: Focus and Harvard Yale do know guys know each other? Sounds like you two have a history.

Not to my knowledge.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)