Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some PIs add everyone's name, some dont
So i know a pi who adds even the tab tech's name, and the lab tech has literally 19 pubs in solid journals. and guys who work in his lab gets tons of papers, just show up and he puts your name. so how do u complete?
Pick a lab where you get credit for your work. Pretty easy to tell based on their publication history.
(09-14-2021, 06:17 PM)Focus Wrote: Pick a lab where you get credit for your work. Pretty easy to tell based on their publication history.

ok thank you focus, it seems quantity over quality for research pubs
It’s why I only look at first author and maybe 2nd author pubs. Sucks for the losers who just count pubs and get burned by the shitfuck applicant they picked without a deeper review and now they are stuck with them for a decade
(09-15-2021, 09:44 PM)Guest Wrote: It’s why I only look at first author and maybe 2nd author pubs. Sucks for the losers who just count pubs and get burned by the shitfuck applicant they picked without a deeper review and now they are stuck with them for a decade

thats unfair too because in basic science research a 3rd author on a big project is much better than 1st author on a retrospective study of some obscure surgical benchmark. so the people who do quality research as part of a quality team will be at a disadvantage compared to some guy who took 10 hours to churn out a genetic paper.
(09-15-2021, 11:39 PM)Guest Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 09:44 PM)Guest Wrote: It’s why I only look at first author and maybe 2nd author pubs. Sucks for the losers who just count pubs and get burned by the shitfuck applicant they picked without a deeper review and now they are stuck with them for a decade

thats unfair too because in basic science research a 3rd author on a big project is much better than 1st author on a retrospective study of some obscure surgical benchmark. so the people who do quality research as part of a quality team will be at a disadvantage compared to some guy who took 10 hours to churn out a genetic paper.

Most neurosurgeons involved with resident training know good work when they see it, I think they’ll give more regard to 4th author in Nature Neuroscience than 2nd in SNI.

Agree with above poster, the number of meaningless pubs being churned about at some of these mills (we all know which programs) are shocking. Don’t understand why JNS/Neurosurgery publish the correlation of wearing green with choosing a post-residency fellowship.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)