Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things are getting real bad out their.
(10-15-2021, 06:05 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 03:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:56 AM)Guest Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 07:57 AM)Guest Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 08:34 PM)Guest Wrote: I can’t wait till after match when I never have to neurotically
Check this board and spreadsheet again; even if I don’t match this will be a silver lining. Anyone thinking of soap plans even with 15+ interviews??? Thinking try to soap prelim and apply rads
Next cycle if this shit doesn’t work out…the dead look I see in the eyes of the prelims and re-apps in these meet n greets is fucking haunting

Here’s an option: don’t neurotically check these things. It doesn’t help you and doesn’t increase your chances at anything.

Nah…it’s painful to see it but I’m grounded in reality. If a program I’m interested in gives out tons of interviews and I don’t get one then I can free up their listed interview dates to schedule other schools on I might have been less willing to schedule on a prime November/December date prior. With most people who will match having 20+ interviews then you can’t just schedule places at random else you lock yourself out of a later program.
Okey dokey. Suit yourself. I’m a random person on the internet, but I still think you’ll be fine

Massive cope. you are coping real hard. I've seen good guys not match and having to scramble into rural family medicine or prison medicine. After 3 years they'll be competing with PAs and NPs for jobs. 

those are the lucky guys .

The unlucky end up never matching. 

MASSIVE increase in MD schools
MASSIVE increase in DO schools
MASSIVE increase in APPs and scope of practice.

If you are lucky, great. Otherwise, its over buddy boyos.
 Get a grip. Enough with the pathetic rants.
(10-15-2021, 06:05 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 03:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:56 AM)Guest Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 07:57 AM)Guest Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 08:34 PM)Guest Wrote: I can’t wait till after match when I never have to neurotically
Check this board and spreadsheet again; even if I don’t match this will be a silver lining. Anyone thinking of soap plans even with 15+ interviews??? Thinking try to soap prelim and apply rads
Next cycle if this shit doesn’t work out…the dead look I see in the eyes of the prelims and re-apps in these meet n greets is fucking haunting

Here’s an option: don’t neurotically check these things. It doesn’t help you and doesn’t increase your chances at anything.

Nah…it’s painful to see it but I’m grounded in reality. If a program I’m interested in gives out tons of interviews and I don’t get one then I can free up their listed interview dates to schedule other schools on I might have been less willing to schedule on a prime November/December date prior. With most people who will match having 20+ interviews then you can’t just schedule places at random else you lock yourself out of a later program.
Okey dokey. Suit yourself. I’m a random person on the internet, but I still think you’ll be fine

Massive cope. you are coping real hard. I've seen good guys not match and having to scramble into rural family medicine or prison medicine. After 3 years they'll be competing with PAs and NPs for jobs. 

those are the lucky guys .

The unlucky end up never matching. 

MASSIVE increase in MD schools
MASSIVE increase in DO schools
MASSIVE increase in APPs and scope of practice.

If you are lucky, great. Otherwise, its over buddy boyos.

Yeah, how dare this person cope and approach things with the right attitude and not like a neurotic, obsessive, anxious person.
lots of copers here. Coping real hard.

In the good old days, if you didn't match NS you could go into other (if shittier) specialties like rads or gas or general sug. Nowadays you can't really do that because the number of med schools is increasing. And we have more foreign people who match.

Why is this allowed?
(10-16-2021, 12:49 AM)Guest Wrote: lots of copers here. Coping real hard.

In the good old days, if you didn't match NS you could go into other (if shittier) specialties like rads or gas or general sug. Nowadays you can't really do that because the number of med schools is increasing. And we have more foreign people who match.

Why is this allowed?

I think that you're drastically overemphasizing the effect.
may be of interest to some; ERAS released data on how many people applied to each specialty this year compared to prior years and shockingly neurosurgery one of the few specialties to receive about the same amount of applicants as 2019 and even a couple less US MD applicants. RIP ortho and uro bros though; gonna be horrific for them this year.

https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/intera...stics-data

Why is this allowed?

Get a grip. You neurotic people are insufferable
(10-16-2021, 05:30 AM)Focus Wrote:

Why is this allowed?

Well around 15% of US MD grads didn't match; only a few years ago it was 1-2%. 15% is a pretty big number, if anything we are underemphasizing the problem. 

I have seen first-hand kids who didn't even soap/scramble--no red flags, no repeated years or anything. They have to get like research job and reapply and its horrible. 

Medicine is becoming like law school, if u are a top grad u get tons of jobs at your choice, but if you are not or are just unlucky you are fucked real bad.
(10-16-2021, 01:45 PM)Completely Fucked Wrote:

Why is this allowed?

Well around 15% of US MD grads didn't match; only a few years ago it was 1-2%. 15% is a pretty big number, if anything we are underemphasizing the problem. 

I have seen first-hand kids who didn't even soap/scramble--no red flags, no repeated years or anything. They have to get like research job and reapply and its horrible. 

Medicine is becoming like law school, if u are a top grad u get tons of jobs at your choice, but if you are not or are just unlucky you are fucked real bad.

Okay so go into something else. Good riddance.
(10-16-2021, 02:18 PM)Guest Wrote:

Why is this allowed?

So just change careers? After 4 years in med school, just switch to another career on a whim? What to go into--computer science? Nursing?

What is wrong with the older generation? The older generation has created havoc and the younger generation have to live with it.
(10-16-2021, 02:54 PM)Completely Fucked Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 02:18 PM)Guest Wrote:

Why is this allowed?

So just change careers? After 4 years in med school, just switch to another career on a whim? What to go into--computer science? Nursing?

What is wrong with the older generation? The older generation has created havoc and the younger generation have to live with it.

there are plenty of careers in the world that one may pursue

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)