Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Impact Factor
(03-29-2022, 12:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 11:47 AM)Guest Wrote: I see these M3s “introducing” themselves on Twitter and I’m enraged tbh lol. Going to remember them in a bad way.

Why are you enraged?

When a medstudent is on a subI with me I want them to be available, helpful, quiet and humble. Egos are big enough in this field and don’t need to bolster it with Twitter fanfare. I also question their motivation when their profile is loaded with tweets about how they must be a pediatric neurosurgeon at Harvard or their life is worthless.
Students putting “future neurosurgeon” in their bios is concerning. Neurosurgery is becoming a glamorous specialty when the actual work often isn’t. The best neurosurgeons I know quietly do good work every day.
you people are fucking weird
Very lame paper…
What about digital academia? Is that real?
Absolute nonsense...
Some of the specialty (particularly in the US) are obsessed with branding and virtue signalling and talking s*it on Twitter.
Neurosurgery is doomed
Looks like open vascular remains very influential on social media.
What does that mean for endovascular?
(03-30-2022, 04:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Looks like open vascular remains very influential on social media.
What does that mean for endovascular?

It means endovascular is taking over i.e. the rare illustrative cases in open are worth sharing. The basilar, paraophthalmic, cavernous and many other aneurysms are quietly being treated routinely with 0-1 day hospital stays.
(03-30-2022, 01:45 PM)Guest Wrote: Absolute nonsense...
Some of the specialty (particularly in the US) are obsessed with branding and virtue signalling and talking s*it on Twitter.

I have noticed a lot of girls on Twitter talk about how they are going to be a neurosurgeon and push the field forward, pave the way for women, etc. They also post provocative pictures of themselves (often half-naked), and they seem to curry favor with (older, male) PIs. (Male) PIs enjoy re-tweeting these girls--maybe for virtue signaling, but perhaps for crasser motives as well. 

I have seen many of these girls match. I don't think the future of NS is too bright.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)