Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID crisis
Does anyone feel like neurosurgery is the coolest thing about them? Was at a social event and found myself kind of disgusted by how much I felt I had to bring up neurosurgery. I guess it ties into our identity. But bringing it up to feel cool - Isn’t that the lamest thing ever? I worry that maybe I went into neurosurgery because I was a loser to begin with?
(04-02-2022, 04:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone feel like neurosurgery is the coolest thing about them? Was at a social event and found myself kind of disgusted by how much I felt I had to bring up neurosurgery. I guess it ties into our identity. But bringing it up to feel cool - Isn’t that the lamest thing ever? I worry that maybe I went into neurosurgery because I was a loser to begin with?

"Grown man discovers he's a loser"
Lots of losers in neurosurgery. Get used to it.
(04-02-2022, 04:22 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 04:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone feel like neurosurgery is the coolest thing about them? Was at a social event and found myself kind of disgusted by how much I felt I had to bring up neurosurgery. I guess it ties into our identity. But bringing it up to feel cool - Isn’t that the lamest thing ever? I worry that maybe I went into neurosurgery because I was a loser to begin with?

Why are you assuming the poster is a man? We don't even know the pronouns. I'm so triggered right now.

At least you're capable of introspection. You're already ahead of most.
(04-02-2022, 10:45 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 04:22 PM)Guest Wrote:

Why are you assuming the poster is a man? We don't even know the pronouns. I'm so triggered right now.

OP could be a Ze, Xe, Hir or They. Or maybe OP is not sure. Or maybe OP is pangendered who is transitioning. Lets be inclusive folks.
We spend 100 hr/wk doing any obsessing about neurosurgery. It’s only natural that it’s the main thing you talk about since it’s the main thing in your life
I’m convinced those attendings (in any specialty really) who go on rampant power trips are likely one very insecure and most likely were bullied or “losers” for most of their life. I have the most respect for the calm cool collected type
Maintaining a grip on reality is an active process.
(04-03-2022, 08:48 AM)Guest Wrote: I’m convinced those attendings (in any specialty really) who go on rampant power trips are likely one very insecure and most likely were bullied or “losers” for most of their life. I have the most respect for the calm cool collected type

I was bullied my entire fucking life and now I want to become a neurosurgeon and show my bullies who won in life. I want to match at a top place and then become "friends" with them on social media and show them what became of that fucking loser whom you constantly tormented.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)