Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.71 Average
Baylor vs. UT Houston
What are y'all's thoughts on the differences between the two programs? Among the things I've heard is Baylor is more established with a heavier research focus (not sure if that's detracts from the clinical training) while UTH is up-and-coming with a heavier clinical focus (and tons of trauma).

I'm planning to do an away in Houston and am trying to decide between the two.
Baylor is recruiting some big names from ucsf
Aghi!!!
(01-18-2018, 03:53 PM)Guest Wrote: Aghi!!!

Aghi taking over at Baylor? I've heard about Sameer Sheth coming to Baylor as well.
Definitely Baylor. They have excellent opportunities for research and have always been a clinical powerhouse with probably an even larger caseload than UTH.
(01-19-2018, 12:02 AM)Guest Wrote: Definitely Baylor. They have excellent opportunities for research and have always been a clinical powerhouse with probably an even larger caseload than UTH.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.
Baylor is a bigger name brand and will play better with other programs as a LOR. Both are solid programs with good training and volume. Baylor has better research (R25 grant for residents)
(01-19-2018, 08:08 PM)Guest Wrote: Baylor is a bigger name brand and will play better with other programs as a LOR. Both are solid programs with good training and volume. Baylor has better research (R25 grant for residents)

Thanks.
are the programs with R25 grants for residents usually the most academic programs?
They’ve been trying to recruit big spine names from UCSF

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)