Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs in this cycle
What programs impressed you the most (positively and negatively ) during this cycle?
Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Rochester, Michigan and UCLA were all quite unexpectedly impressive
positive: UCLA, UTSW, UNC, Emory, UT-Houston
negative: George Washington (wth was up with this interview day?!)
(03-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Guest Wrote: positive: UCLA, UTSW, UNC, Emory, UT-Houston

Can you elaborate on the gw day?
(03-25-2017, 07:20 AM)Guest Wrote: What programs impressed you the most (positively and negatively ) during this cycle?

Pos: UCLA, UW, Mayo, Barrow, MGH
I 2nd UT Southwestern and Mayo, both seemed very strong on my interview day and from what I heard from others. I would also add UT-Memphis as a nice surprise. Barrow wasn't really a surprise .

Didn't interview at GW, but heard a few negatives from others on the trail. On my list there were some "weaker" programs, but I feel they would be considered strong in someone else's eyes and depending on what they're looking for personally.
(+): Cornell, Duke, UMich
(-): UChicago, Tufts
(03-25-2017, 03:41 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Guest Wrote: positive: UCLA, UTSW, UNC, Emory, UT-Houston

Can you elaborate on the gw day?

Not sure if it was only on my interview day, but they grouped all 20-25 of us in a conference room. We sat in this room for about 8 hours, getting pulled out for an interview every 2 hours. The interviews themselves were 3 to 5 interviews to one applicant. Chairman seemed like a dick. Wasn't exactly clear to us on interview day who the PD was. Residents peaced out when asked by the coordinator to give us a tour (one resident did stay behind, she was actually pretty nice and tried to apologize). Some of the faculty did seem like good people and DC is freakin awesome, so you gotta take the good with the bad.
M3 here. What'd you guys think of ucsd and USC this year
(03-25-2017, 06:44 PM)Guest Wrote: M3 here. What'd you guys think of ucsd and USC this year

Bump

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)