Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCSF
I am also interested in this. Is it 20+ sub-Is a year? Or does doing a sub-I here and doing well put you in a decent place to match?
(04-04-2019, 04:48 PM)Guest Wrote: I am also interested in this. Is it 20+ sub-Is a year? Or does doing a sub-I here and doing well put you in a decent place to match?

If you want to match at specifically UCSF it will help you do that given you're an elite applicant already. Don't rotate at UCSF to geographically open up the west coast or match at a peer program. If you want to accomplish either of those goals rotate at a friendlier and well-respected program such as a Barrow, UW, USC where you'd probably get a better letter.
(04-04-2019, 05:31 PM)Guest Wrote: If you want to match at specifically UCSF it will help you do that given you're an elite applicant already. Don't rotate at UCSF to geographically open up the west coast or match at a peer program. If you want to accomplish either of those goals rotate at a friendlier and well-respected program such as a Barrow, UW, USC where you'd probably get a better letter.

"We are more about fit than step scores. Obviously, you can't fail step or have a 210. AOA not required but can help. I agree that you need multiple 1st author papers on legit journals.  Basic science research is highly preferred unless you have clinical papers in JAMA and Lancet. One of our interns has several of those. Apply to us, but if you don't do a subinternship, we may not be able to consider you given some bad experiences we have had with non subintern residents.

Hope this helps. I encourage you guys to apply. We are not a malignant program. We work hard and train among the best!"

There is a huge contrast between these two quotes above. We all know UCSF is an elite program with unmatched resources and volume, but is it is it an actual team or just a bunch of individual superstars who stand near eachother? The last place great applicants want to end up is a place that is non-collaborative.
(04-04-2019, 06:13 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 05:31 PM)Guest Wrote: If you want to match at specifically UCSF it will help you do that given you're an elite applicant already. Don't rotate at UCSF to geographically open up the west coast or match at a peer program. If you want to accomplish either of those goals rotate at a friendlier and well-respected program such as a Barrow, UW, USC where you'd probably get a better letter.

"We are more about fit than step scores. Obviously, you can't fail step or have a 210. AOA not required but can help. I agree that you need multiple 1st author papers on legit journals.  Basic science research is highly preferred unless you have clinical papers in JAMA and Lancet. One of our interns has several of those. Apply to us, but if you don't do a subinternship, we may not be able to consider you given some bad experiences we have had with non subintern residents.

Hope this helps. I encourage you guys to apply. We are not a malignant program. We work hard and train among the best!"

There is a huge contrast between these two quotes above. We all know UCSF is an elite program with unmatched resources and volume, but is it is it an actual team or just a bunch of individual superstars who stand near eachother? The last place great applicants want to end up is a place that is non-collaborative.
False
Bump. Anyone hear back yet?
Yup, sent out acceptances for end of summer at least.
(04-05-2019, 08:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Yup, sent out acceptances for end of summer at least.

Email or phone call?
We sent out emails. We are more or less full with our subI spots.
(04-05-2019, 09:58 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 08:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Yup, sent out acceptances for end of summer at least.

Email or phone call?

Dang. Okay. Thank you for the reply.
How many SubIs rotate here at a time?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)