Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance
Any other input?
(06-27-2019, 09:40 PM)Guest Wrote: Tbh you just need to go to a T20 med school to match neurosurgery.

lol sad but partially true
(06-28-2019, 10:00 AM)Guest Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 09:40 PM)Guest Wrote: Tbh you just need to go to a T20 med school to match neurosurgery.

lol sad but partially true

Yeah if you come from a strong home program it essentially makes your CV with required independent effort. The applicants from UCLA,UVA, Pitt, Hopkins always have absurd amounts of papers and conference presentations. Plus when you have two home letters from giants in the field it makes it hard for you not to match.
Yes but I come from a school ranked about 80.... and I have a home program... how do my chances look with the info posted above
(06-28-2019, 01:33 PM)Guest Wrote: Yes but I come from a school ranked about 80.... and I have a home program... how do my chances look with the info posted above

What region are you from?
Northeast
(06-28-2019, 02:51 PM)Guest Wrote: Northeast

You have a ton of programs in your region, and if you go to Rutgers they consistently match well
How about me? 249 step one and two. 5 manuscripts most of which are clinical reports. I have majority high passes with 1-2 honors and pretty good LOR’s
(06-28-2019, 05:22 PM)Guest Wrote: How about me? 249 step one and two. 5 manuscripts most of which are clinical reports. I have majority high passes with 1-2 honors and pretty good LOR’s

If you're a US medical grad with a >240 and 2-3 papers, a few posters and don't have any red flags on your application you'll get a spot somewhere. The people who are in trouble are <240, no home program, no research.

If you're aiming for a top 10 program then you'll be competing against applicants with PhDs, grant-funded research, Marshall and Rhodes scholars, etc.
Not to be annoying, but what about the same stats (+ one paper in a fancy basic science journal) and no home program?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)