Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.32 Average
Interview Invites 2019-2020
(11-11-2019, 12:01 PM)PD 2 Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 07:35 AM)Guest PD Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 02:48 PM)Guest Wrote: Not an answer to your question, but as someone with 4 just know you're not alone fam. Best of luck

+1

There is a significant influx of applicants from schools that don't really produce neurosurgeons in addition to power houses like Michigan and Case and Columbia 
Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

(11-09-2019, 02:48 PM)Guest Wrote: Not an answer to your question, but as someone with 4 just know you're not alone fam. Best of luck

+1

There is a significant influx of applicants from schools that don't really produce neurosurgeons in addition to power houses like Michigan and Case and Columbia 
Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

That being said, it may be hard to acquire new interviews at this stage.
Miami has a great program and has its students publishing lime crazy with the department.  UCSF is UCSF.  Rutgers has put more students into neurosurgery residency than anyone except for P+S over the past decade.  Please get your facts straight when posting

Rutgers putting out more students in the last decade to Neurosurgery doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t mean they are excellent students. Odd couple are. They just have two campuses with tons of students

There's a spread of high and low quality candidates from all of the schools. If you generalize candidates based off of where they went to school, you are missing the point that this is an individualized process with medical school being only one of the many components that go into candidacy.
For those interviewing at Albert Einstein on November 14/15, has anyone received an itinerary/agenda from the program coordinator?

+1

Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

+1

Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

Miami has a great program and has its students publishing lime crazy with the department.  UCSF is UCSF.  Rutgers has put more students into neurosurgery residency than anyone except for P+S over the past decade.  Please get your facts straight when posting

Rutgers putting out more students in the last decade to Neurosurgery doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t mean they are excellent students. Odd couple are. They just have two campuses with tons of students

If I may, the poster stated, "There is a significant influx of applicants from schools that don't really produce neurosurgeons in addition to power houses like Michigan and Case and Columbia."  The schools which produce the most students who enter neurosurgery residency are Columbia, Rutgers, Johns Hopkins.  Or you can lookat the AANS list of the 2019 match and see which school people came from:  https://www.aans.org/en/Trainees/Medical...cy-Matches.  In any event, lots of schools have many students who go into neurosurgery residency.
For future reference, stick to your 4 ERAS letters only. I didn't get an interview at a SubI after sending them an external letter when it said on their website not to send them additional letters but I thought it was harmless. A resident told me this at the program after inquiring. Guess I'm better off not matching at a program this snobby.
(11-11-2019, 03:34 PM)Guest Wrote: For future reference, stick to your 4 ERAS letters only. I didn't get an interview at a SubI after sending them an external letter when it said on their website not to send them additional letters but I thought it was harmless. A resident told me this at the program after inquiring. Guess I'm better off not matching at a program this snobby.

Programs are snobbish. We treat all applicants equally and want only 4 letters without giving any applicant undue advantage with additional letters. it’s YOUR fault for not following instructions. I’m glad you didn’t get an interview there and I hope you didn’t at our program since you have trouble following instructions. We don’t want someone who won’t follow instructions during residency and call their peers and attendings snobbish.
(11-11-2019, 02:03 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:11 PM)Guest Wrote: +1

Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

(11-09-2019, 04:11 PM)Guest Wrote: +1

Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

If I may, the poster stated, "There is a significant influx of applicants from schools that don't really produce neurosurgeons in addition to power houses like Michigan and Case and Columbia."  The schools which produce the most students who enter neurosurgery residency are Columbia, Rutgers, Johns Hopkins.  Or you can lookat the AANS list of the 2019 match and see which school people came from:  https://www.aans.org/en/Trainees/Medical...cy-Matches.  In any event, lots of schools have many students who go into neurosurgery residency.
I think it fluctuates. Wayne put out like 9 last year which is the same as Harvard.
(11-11-2019, 05:15 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:42 PM)Guest Wrote: There is a significant influx of applicants from schools that don't really produce neurosurgeons in addition to power houses like Michigan and Case and Columbia 
Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

Indiana= 10
Miami= 8
UCSF= 5
Wayne St= 7
Rutgers= 11
MCG= 4

I think it fluctuates. Wayne put out like 9 last year which is the same as Harvard.
Lol. No we did not. We put out 6 last year
(11-11-2019, 05:25 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 07:35 AM)Guest PD Wrote: Miami has a great program and has its students publishing lime crazy with the department.  UCSF is UCSF.  Rutgers has put more students into neurosurgery residency than anyone except for P+S over the past decade.  Please get your facts straight when posting

How's the new job search coming?
(11-11-2019, 08:09 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 12:01 PM)PD 2 Wrote: Rutgers putting out more students in the last decade to Neurosurgery doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t mean they are excellent students. Odd couple are. They just have two campuses with tons of students

Got hired by your mom. Doing a great job cleaning her pipes
(11-11-2019, 08:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 08:09 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:03 PM)Guest Wrote: If I may, the poster stated, "There is a significant influx of applicants from schools that don't really produce neurosurgeons in addition to power houses like Michigan and Case and Columbia."  The schools which produce the most students who enter neurosurgery residency are Columbia, Rutgers, Johns Hopkins.  Or you can lookat the AANS list of the 2019 match and see which school people came from:  https://www.aans.org/en/Trainees/Medical...cy-Matches.  In any event, lots of schools have many students who go into neurosurgery residency.

Got hired by your mom. Doing a great job cleaning her pipes

I'm sure you are, with all that time you have on your hands nowadays

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)