Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.32 Average
Interview Invites 2019-2020
Do you guys factor in the other applicants at your interview date into where you rank the program? I know most places have multiple dates, but sometimes I feel like a program interviews really great and down to earth people, and other times I feel like I don't have anything in common with the other applicants and there are a lot of really big personalities that would be very difficult to get along with as my co-resident.
(12-18-2019, 02:21 PM)Guest Wrote: Do you guys factor in the other applicants at your interview date into where you rank the program? I know most places have multiple dates, but sometimes I feel like a program interviews really great and down to earth people, and other times I feel like I don't have anything in common with the other applicants and there are a lot of really big personalities that would be very difficult to get along with as my co-resident.

You can't factor in the other applicants. Programs can only go with what they see on paper, and it's impossible to predict if you'll match with one of them. I'd ignore that. Even if there's a cluster of them that in no way reflects on the program, they haven't even met 90% of the people interviewing.

What's much more important is if there are residents with personalities you don't gel with. That should be one of the top factors in your decision. I moved a program or two down multiple spots because there were residents i didn't see myself getting along with.
(12-17-2019, 10:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Is getting a CK score on either feb5 (or feb12 at latest) be a hinderance to getting ranked? The ROL deadline if Feb26 this year.

You don't need these scores - CK or CS. Not reporting them post-interview is not going to affect your ranking. You got the interview, hopefully knocked it out of the park, reporting Step 2 scores is now irrelevant.
thoughts on louisiana programs please?
(12-20-2019, 02:34 AM)Guest Wrote: thoughts on louisiana programs please?

Tulane > LSU NO > LSU Shreveport
how many of you guys are doing second looks? if so, how many?
(12-20-2019, 10:42 PM)Guest135223 Wrote: how many of you guys are doing second looks? if so, how many?

Im doing 1 second look
UCSD Dr. Khalessi reached out and asked I do a second look
Are people invited for second looks after interview? Heard about this in other fields
any kind soul know of open spots?
Why don’t you pay $50 and find out

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)