Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chairs Shuffling
(03-29-2019, 06:23 AM)admin Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 06:11 AM)Guest Wrote: Can the moderator PLEASE get rid of these idiotic spam posts by the essay writing service?  The text is babble.  I'd hate to think that this computer generated word salad is an example of the writing they can offer their clients.  More so, it clogs the threads and these need to be taken down!

They are deleted and IP banned when they are posted.  The bot changes its IP each time, so it's an ongoing issue and we are looking in to prophylactic solutions.  FWIW, there are bout 100 attempts an hour from banned IP addresses that do not get through.

Could you require registration?
who is up for stanford chair? i heard theres a short list of young rising stars at UCSF
(04-01-2019, 08:10 PM)Guest Wrote: who is up for stanford chair? i heard theres a short list of young rising stars at UCSF

Except these programs historically don’t like each other. Stanford doesn’t like being the little brother
(03-22-2019, 10:22 PM)Guest Wrote: looking for upcoming pgy-5. any openings?

(04-02-2019, 06:55 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 08:10 PM)Guest Wrote: who is up for stanford chair? i heard theres a short list of young rising stars at UCSF

Except these programs historically don’t like each other. Stanford doesn’t like being the little brother

Stanford will probably internally select
Stanford internal candidates:
- Ratliff
- Harris
- Chang

Grant may have been but given <1y as new PD, unlikely.
I understand that they're looking internally, but an outside hire would probably be better. They need new blood to revamp things. Like those guys are great, but get a rising star to shake things up.
Agree. Khalessi?
(04-02-2019, 10:56 AM)Guest Wrote: Agree. Khalessi?

Bump
Stanford should seriously consider Juan Fernandez-Miranda, but his international background would make him a rare chairman with an international residency. I would also put some serious marbles into a female chairwoman there as they have the highest number of female neurosurgeons of any department in the world.

I'd add that Griffith Harsh is also a candidate. He was high in Stanford's department for many years prior to taking over as chair at UC Davis. Obviously, there are lots of options for Stanford.
none of the stanford faculty are nationally recognized names. they need to go outside. lots of ucsf people will throw their hat into ring.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)