Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List by work hours
The opinion that I formed based on my experiences as a medical student was 80-90% of programs will train you well. 5-10% have what might be arguably superior training and 5-10% have what might be arguably inferior training. Can't prove it, but that was my gestalt which is probably at least in part formed by the natural human tendency to want to order things coupled by limited processing capacity to objectively compare multiple factors at once.
(05-06-2017, 06:50 PM)Guest Wrote: Which are the specific programs that train you well?

If you want to operate? Barrow, Pitt, Jefferson, UVa, and Utah come to mind.
(05-07-2017, 02:29 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 06:50 PM)Guest Wrote: Which are the specific programs that train you well?

I don't know about the rest, but Utah is double and triple scrubbed.
HAnd Jefferson does nothing much outside of endovascular
Pitt, usc, Seattle, barrow
Guys, ALL nsg programs are double scrubbed most of the time. There is 7 freaking years of residents.

No way UVA or Utah. UVA used to be good 10 years ago. UVA lacks variety and volume.
(05-07-2017, 10:03 PM)Guest Wrote:

No way UVA or Utah. UVA used to be good 10 years ago. UVA lacks variety and volume.

UVa is still a good program. The only problem is it seems to be borderline between very tough and malignant. Training is still top notch.

(05-07-2017, 07:58 PM)Guest Wrote: HAnd Jefferson does nothing much outside of endovascular

Jefferson does plenty outside of endovascular. Lots of skull base and functional.
Seattle and usc
High volume and academic
Barrow, Carolinas - lots of operating, and largely elective volume
Pitt - huge volume
Seattle, USC, Tennessee - lots of operating, but huge trauma centers so your call sucks

Utah is not a place to go if you want to operate

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)