Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For neurosurgeons with kids, how are they faring?
Contrary to popular belief, "Time spent with kids" doesn't make better kids... in fact, it might lead to maladjusted kids. Fact is, the time a father spends at home has virtually no relation to the eventual success of a kid. 

A person's success in life is going to be determined largely by genetics, socioeconomic class and luck. Neurosurgeons can provide the first two quite well, and luck often derives from having good connections. 

If you are going into neurosurgery and want good kids, marry a young, fertile woman, who behaves property (i.e. is a traditional stay-at-home wife who doesn't argue/fight). Send your kids to private school, build up connections with med school admin (so you can get them in) and hope for the best.
Now with regards to South Asian success, it would be a combination of genetics and culture. Of course, only the top of 1 billion can come here, so that's genetics. 

For culture, SA's have very traditional culture. Like in the American past, the wife tends to stay home and make sacrifices for the kids. Little radical feminism in SA culture. And like in the olden days, SA's tend to respect authority and education. 

Such a culture fits well into medicine. 

I know lots of SAs. The traditional ones have successful kids, while the Americanized ones tend not to.
I agree. The Asians who reject social justice, feminism, and liberalism become successful doctors/surgeons. The liberal ones tend to become run-of-the-mill leftist wackjobs.
This Harvard/Yale Neurosurgeon joker is a true piece of work. With such generalized unsupported observational claims one is left to wonder if this man or women (have to include the women here lest we incur the wrath of what he calls radical feminism...smh) actually has an evidence based bone in their body.
Lmao it mom had an evidence based bone in her body last night
(06-01-2021, 11:17 AM)Guest Wrote: This Harvard/Yale Neurosurgeon joker is a true piece of work. With such generalized unsupported observational claims one is left to wonder if this man or women (have to include the women here lest we incur the wrath of what he calls radical feminism...smh) actually has an evidence based bone in their body.

Evidence based bone? Only a low life runt speaks like that. 

Research has shown that income/success is largely a function of genetics and socioeconomic status. Look up twin studies, as well as the The Wilson Effect for the research on IQ. 

I personally am quite liberal, so I will also acknowledge the importance of socioeconomic status as well as a good family. 

Everyone knows that modern society--with its high divorce rate and "independent" females--is not conductive to bringing up successful kids. Those who are traditional--many Asians--succeed.

Personally, I married an Asian female to have children with. I wanted a good family, a traditional wife, good meals, successful kids. She was young when I made her pregnant and she produced good offspring for me. 

All my 3 kids with my wife became very successful. 

I divorced her but the point still stands--I had successful kids with a young, traditional Asian woman.

A lot of times doctor kids who couldn't get into med school go into other healthcare jobs like np's, pa, lab techs, pt's, etc. A lot of those professions have inferiority complex to drs however and they sometimes give drs a tough time. but if your dad is a doctor you tend to be more polite to drs but some have various complexes.
There are very prominent neurosurgeons with spouses who also have high powered careers who’s kids went on to be successful/doctors/neurosurgeons.

Don’t listen to this clown. Just find a supportive spouse and do your best
(06-01-2021, 05:29 PM)Guest Wrote: There are very prominent neurosurgeons with spouses who also have high powered careers who’s kids went on to be successful/doctors/neurosurgeons.

Don’t listen to this clown. Just find a supportive spouse and do your best

It appears you don't understand statistics. On average, the ones who do best are from traditional families. It's rather hard when the kids have no parents...
This thread is disgusting and I hope your parents find it and tell you so. It's racist, sexist, and dehumanizing.
A lot of people are full of jealousy when they see a traditional and successful family. Many NS's are divorced with kids who are unsuccessful and these types always feel the neet to pontificate to others and push what is often termed a "social justice" agenda. 

The worst offenders are the nurses and mid-levels. They often say, "Oh you are a successful doctor making mid-sixes, but your kids are losers... better to be poor and happy than rich and unhappy... ha!" This is especially true if you are an ethnic minority, some whites are full of jealousy.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)