Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual Salaries
neuroir can make 7 figs?
What percent of neurosurgeons do you think make 7 figures? I would assume 20-30%?
(03-21-2023, 09:21 PM)Guest Wrote: What percent of neurosurgeons do you think make 7 figures? I would assume 20-30%?

Probably closer to 50% of full timers if you include side hustles like locums and case review.
Every neurosurgeon I know makes over 7 figures, with the exception of a cluster of docs who are faculty at a better known west coast program.
^You're probably referring to UCSF. Yeah, there's a bunch who make below 7 figures at UCSF, usually in the 700-800k range. Pretty much all the spine surgeons at UCSF make over 7 figures though.
How do you think ortho spine salary compares to neurosurgery? Similar or less?
A little bit less. Ortho spine surgeons shit their pants and run home to their mommies as soon as they see some dura
If the compensation structure is RVU-based, then the potential is pretty much the same, as they can bill for identical procedures. However, there can be call compensation factors that can bump neurosurgery income up higher on average than a similar ortho call
if you went into neurosurgery for money, I am sorry to say it wasn't a good choice. You will most likely be an employee, complaining about hours worked and underpaid. Should of went into business and tech if you want money. Neurosurgery you are just another laborer who has an income limited by time. In 10-20 years or less, medicine will be universal health care and neurosurgeons will be on par with European salaries. Medicine isn't like the gold rush back in the 80, 90, 00s.
I knew I should've done ortho and then a fellowship in spine

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)