Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most cush residency?
Barrow

They don't take primary call after 2nd year
NPs do all the discharges and found on the floor patients
Hopkins. Low volume, so residents have a fair amount of free time
(10-05-2021, 07:44 PM)Guest Wrote: Hopkins. Low volume, so residents have a fair amount of free time

i always had the impression that hopkins was high volume? Or is this comment is jest?
(10-05-2021, 10:48 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 07:44 PM)Guest Wrote: Hopkins. Low volume, so residents have a fair amount of free time

i always had the impression that hopkins was high volume? Or is this comment is jest?

4-5 residents in each vascular and spine case. Same story at MGH. Ask people who have Sub-Ied. 

Still, applicants will refuse to believe this or care.
(10-06-2021, 05:25 AM)Guest Wrote:

4-5 residents in each vascular and spine case. Same story at MGH. Ask people who have Sub-Ied. 

The only accurate part of this ignorant comment is that you should ask ppl who sub-I’d at these places what the truth is. Nowhere in the country is scrubbing 4-5 residents into a single unless it’s a once in a decade case. Unless Hopkins volume has nosedived, there’s a reason why it’s a more brutal residency than MGH and other “research heavy” places
(10-06-2021, 06:01 AM)Yeah Guest Wrote:

The only accurate part of this ignorant comment is that you should ask ppl who sub-I’d at these places what the truth is. Nowhere in the country is scrubbing 4-5 residents into a single unless it’s a once in a decade case. Unless Hopkins volume has nosedived, there’s a reason why it’s a more brutal residency than MGH and other “research heavy” places

Just ask people who have SubIed.
(10-06-2021, 06:27 AM)Guest Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 06:01 AM)Yeah Guest Wrote:

Just ask people who have SubIed.

The MGH haters thread
(10-06-2021, 06:01 AM)Guest Wrote:

Ask the Maryland boys and girls what brutal is. That place is certainly rougher than Hopkins and the surgical abilities of graduates reflect that disparity.
MGH is truly #1 in the world. No other residency offers such exposure to complex cases, world-class basic-science research, clinical research and top surgeons to learn one-on-one from.

Even better, it has a refined, sophisticated, scholarly Ivy-League aura in one of the great cities of the world. You have collaboration opportunities with Tuffs, Boston, the world-famous MIT, and of course Harvard down the lake. All the Nobel laurates--and would-be laurates--will at least inspire you to do something with your life, if nothing else.

Fact, is when you train to be a neurosurgeon at Harvard, you just know you made it.

And lets not forget the beauty and culture of the New England region, the liberal atmosphere, and the colorful Fall and Spring.

As they say, anyone who get into Harvard, goes to Harvard.

Of course, they only take the best of the best, which would eliminate everyone here.
(10-06-2021, 02:48 PM)Guest Wrote: MGH is truly #1 in the world. No other residency offers such exposure to complex cases, world-class basic-science research, clinical research and top surgeons to learn one-on-one from.

Even better, it has a refined, sophisticated, scholarly Ivy-League aura in one of the great cities of the world. You have collaboration opportunities with Tuffs, Boston, the world-famous MIT, and of course Harvard down the lake. All the Nobel laurates--and would-be laurates--will at least inspire you to do something with your life, if nothing else.

Fact, is when you train to be a neurosurgeon at Harvard, you just know you made it.

And lets not forget the beauty and culture of the New England region, the liberal atmosphere, and the colorful Fall and Spring.

As they say, anyone who get into Harvard, goes to Harvard.

Of course, they only take the best of the best, which would eliminate everyone here.

Having seen MGH grads operate, I'll take a firm pass Smile

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)