Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is this allowed?
Obviously I didn’t mean introductions to faculty. ? No one who knows me would describe me as selfish. That’s actually pretty funny. It’s ok if you’ve decided you don’t like me based on whatever, but the fact is that I didn’t cheat or break any rules according to SNS/AAMC leadership that I contacted prior to making my rotation plans, but I did post something on social media that was unintentionally thoughtless that offended some people. I take responsibility for that. Publicly. Not sure how much the dead horse needs to be beat.
Guys, chill out. Cannot believe that this applicant is having to defend herself from these incredibly personal attacks. If you have a problem with the situation, that’s totally fine, but there’s absolutely no need for these offensive and targeted attacks when this applicant is clearly trying to apologize. I hope this isn’t the culture we’re trying to cultivate in this field.
(10-28-2021, 11:04 PM)Guest Wrote: Guys, chill out. Cannot believe that this applicant is having to defend herself from these incredibly personal attacks. If you have a problem with the situation, that’s totally fine, but there’s absolutely no need for these offensive and targeted attacks when this applicant is clearly trying to apologize. I hope this isn’t the culture we’re trying to cultivate in this field.

Nah man, this is the way shit always goes in neurosurgery. Top schools have their own rules, half the spots are already promised to people well before match, and to top it all off people like this will go on 40 interviews despite their PD promising them a spot since they were an M1. It’s not innocuous behavior and it fucks over everyone else.
Did any applicants this cycle only rotate at one place?

(10-28-2021, 11:28 PM)Guest Wrote: Did any applicants this cycle only rotate at one place?

Pretty sure recommended to rotate at your home institution and one outside institution… hopefully people did that.
Giving benefit of the doubt, it looks like she prob meant well but that did come across kind of elitist, even if she didn’t mean that she would introduce to faculty - I guess that only leaves introducing students to each other? lol
show off look at me neurosurgery applicants living the Hashtag #neurosurgery life are the worst. Keep your head down and do go work don’t bloat about your work in neurosurgery it’s not all rainbows and unicorns.
Are there no moderators in this forum? So, the whole world can just endlessly shitpost and cyberbully, and nobody will shut it down? What a pathetic platform.
(10-29-2021, 12:26 AM)Go Guest Wrote: Are there no moderators in this forum? So, the whole world can just endlessly shitpost and cyberbully, and nobody will shut it down? What a pathetic platform.

Are there no moderators for neurosurgery matching to stop the flagrant rule breakers?? Should we all just bow down to Mayo as they pump out their 10+ applicants who are all guaranteed a match while the rest of us plebs are lucky to match 1 kid from our whole state to neurosurgery while our state programs are dominated by these Mayo/hopkins/UCSF kids who view the locals as vermin and can’t wait to fuck off back to wherever they came from the second they finish training??? Organized neurosurgery needs way more accountability, not this forum. It’s my life goal to get the inbreeding from top programs brought to the attention of a rural state senator whose constituents are fucked by this stuff so they can bring a bill to make this shit right and put the interests of patients first over these stuck up elitist assholes.
I understand why you’d be mad about Mayo students being able to rotate at Mayo hospitals as home students, but at some point you have to realize that *it’s not against the rules*. Even last year when nobody was allowed aways, all students were allowed to do as many HOME rotations as they wanted, and home institutions are designated by SCHOOL and affiliated hospitals, not by residency program. Mayo is not the only place like that. If you’re bitter and pissed off and need to attack someone to feel better, I guess an anonymous forum is a good place to cowardly do that.

Nobody is guaranteed to match. Is the system inequitable? Yes. In all specialties but especially competitive ones? YES. Do people suck? Clearly.
What irks me most is that many of these guys from top schools openly break the rules, and then turn around and make nice comments about how they are willing to help ANYONE and how they are so KIND and GENEROUS and are the greatest person ever. Look at the subject of this thread. After rotating at FOUR programs--while most kids got 1 or 2 max--she comes here, kindly offering to help ANYONE and then talking about how she is so helpful and friendly and well-liked. 

All the while, fucking over others through a brazenly unfair advantage. Its really annoying how these people talk so kind and appear so honest, but then use every single loophole to their own advantage. 

If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.