Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is this allowed?
Hi, me again. I was advised to do those rotations at my home institution and I did them. I didn’t screw anyone over. I didn’t take anyone’s spot - I even made sure by talking to PDs at each place first to make sure outside students hadn’t requested any of the 3 spots, and moved my original September Rochester rotation to July for that purpose. I rotated at TWO institutions - Mayo and Barrow. Obviously I shouldn’t have posted thanking the places and my co-subi’s - that’s very painfully clear now.
If you’re mad about people doing multiple home rotations you’re actually mad at a LOT of people. Lots of them. It’s just not against any rules. Should it be against the rules for students to do multiple home rotations? Does it really give you a matching advantage to spend more time with people who already know you well? I don’t know but I don’t think so.
The wise poster who said going on an online defense tour is a bad idea is clearly the smartest person here tonight and I should have listened to him/her several times over.. so many lessons learned here tonight.
How about we move on folks?

As tot he Question about moderation yes there are moderators but at the same time when a poster claiming to be the individual in question begins to engage directly with other posters it doesn't seem fair to then prevent responses. If the person who is being discussed would like to reach out to the moderating staff and confirm their identity we can discuss this further.
(10-29-2021, 01:37 AM)Guest Wrote: Hi, me again. I was advised to do those rotations at my home institution and I did them. I didn’t screw anyone over. I didn’t take anyone’s spot - I even made sure by talking to PDs at each place first to make sure outside students hadn’t requested any of the 3 spots, and moved my original September Rochester rotation to July for that purpose. I rotated at TWO institutions - Mayo and Barrow. Obviously I shouldn’t have posted thanking the places and my co-subi’s - that’s very painfully clear now.
If you’re mad about people doing multiple home rotations you’re actually mad at a LOT of people. Lots of them.  It’s just not against any rules.  Should it be against the rules for students to do multiple home rotations? Does it really give you a matching advantage to spend more time with people who already know you well? I don’t know but I don’t think so.
The wise poster who said going on an online defense tour is a bad idea is clearly the smartest person here tonight and I should have listened to him/her several times over..  so many lessons learned here tonight.

You obviously took someone else SubI spot as subI spots are limited. SubI also increases your chance of matching at subI program, hence why people do subI? ?‍♀️
The lesson here should be keep your Doctor persona off of social media. It’s unprofessional.
Advice to the Mayo student: you did your best to apologize, the culture here at this forum is horrible and misogynist, say no moreSmile. Wish you well in your career.
This isn’t uncommon. Case Western/CCF med students technically have two home programs and Harvard has three. I’m sure there’s other programs that give home students such an advantage.
its not fair that i coulden't attend top med school with greater opportunity. my parents didn't allow me to attend a better college and they made me to say home all day in college. as a result i developed poor social skills and coulden't attend a top med school becase i attended a shit college. 

so i am at a huge disadvantage which might very well ruin my life. i was getting a scholarship at a top college but my parents didn't let me attend becasue they were jealous of me, how is this fair?? top med schools get huge advantage not available to me
(10-29-2021, 03:26 PM)Guest Wrote: This isn’t uncommon. Case Western/CCF med students technically have two home programs and Harvard has three. I’m sure there’s other programs that give home students such an advantage.

They’re not in 3 different states requiring airplane travel during a pandemic. You are willfully missing the point. Btw Harvard’s SubI including different days/weeks at each hospital… in the same area.

(10-29-2021, 04:11 PM)Fucked up Wrote: its not fair that i coulden't attend top med school with greater opportunity. my parents didn't allow me to attend a better college and they made me to say home all day in college. as a result i developed poor social skills and coulden't attend a top med school becase i attended a shit college. 

so i am at a huge disadvantage which might very well ruin my life. i was getting a scholarship at a top college but my parents didn't let me attend becasue they were jealous of me, how is this fair?? top med schools get huge advantage not available to me

Seriously get a therapist and stay off the internet.
Anyone else find it hilarious how much pointless research goes into aneurysms which are such a minuscule fucking problem in the overall picture of neurological disease??? It’s obvious how the chairs at these top programs just force their peons to publish at least 10 papers for every aneurysm ever clipped and put 20 kids on each paper (probably describes this applicant). Would be nice to see neurosurgeons exerting such effort on actually important diseases like Alzheimer’s and such, but instead everything revolves around dwindling open vascular which is a procedure I’d never let my loved one undergo.
(10-29-2021, 09:29 PM)Guest Wrote: Anyone else find it hilarious how much pointless research goes into aneurysms which are such a minuscule fucking problem in the overall picture of neurological disease??? It’s obvious how the chairs at these top programs just force their peons to publish at least 10 papers for every aneurysm ever clipped and put 20 kids on each paper (probably describes this applicant). Would be nice to see neurosurgeons exerting such effort on actually important diseases like Alzheimer’s and such, but instead everything revolves around dwindling open vascular which is a procedure I’d never let my loved one undergo.

I looked at her research gate and did not see any publications on aneurysm. She has 6 publications, mostly case study but some retrospective reviews. 8 citations, according to Research gate. 

I actually have more publications and citations than her, and I am an MS1. Of course, I go to a shit-tier medical school so I probably won't have a shot at the top programs.

No amount of therapy is going to change that fact. I cannot understand why my parents sabotaged me and it makes me so depressed to think about this.