Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 bottom 3
Top: Barrow, Carolinas, Mayo

Bottom: OSU, Columbia, NYU
-Ohio state residents rubbed me the wrong way, nothing against the NY programs just wasn't a fan of the NY lifestyle
(03-15-2022, 06:19 PM)Guest Wrote: Top: Barrow, Carolinas, Mayo

Bottom: OSU, Columbia, NYU
-Ohio state residents rubbed me the wrong way, nothing against the NY programs just wasn't a fan of the NY lifestyle

All fantastic programs. How many places did you interview?
Top: Michigan, Rush, NYU

Bottom: Georgetown, UChicago, Arizona
GW and Gtown both suck. Inova best program in dc area?
(03-15-2022, 08:26 PM)Guest Wrote: GW and Gtown both suck.  Inova best program in dc area?

NIH > gtown > inova > GW
(03-15-2022, 09:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 08:26 PM)Guest Wrote: GW and Gtown both suck.  Inova best program in dc area?

NIH > gtown > inova > GW

Well GW for sure the worst, unstable program trying to build back up.
NIH best research cuz duh, not sure about operative experience there
Inova is new but good volume from what I hear
Gtown very solid
Georgetown chair is a disaster.
Interviewed at all 3. Inova definitely a hidden gem. New but with all the right support and tons of volume. Ranked them high. Georgetown wasn’t bad but volume seems predominantly spine and some of the residents gave off a weird vibe. GW is a disaster. Didn’t interview at NIH.
Top 3: BNI, BWH, Mayo
- Neurosurgery is changing to be less malignant, and I felt like these were the programs with the best culture and were most proactive in protecting resident time to be high-yield. Aka very little scut with good operative experience and teaching, which adds up to literally months of your life given back to you to develop an academic career or have extra OR time. 100+ hour weeks with tons of BS is so 20th century.

Bottom 3: Georgetown, UChicago, Jeff
- Weird culture and generally malignant, while not even being prestigious. I get why people would want to pay the price in blood for greatness at places like UCSF and Pitt, but these are simply not worth it imo
(03-31-2022, 05:37 PM)Guest Wrote: Top 3: BNI, BWH, Mayo
- Neurosurgery is changing to be less malignant, and I felt like these were the programs with the best culture and were most proactive in protecting resident time to be high-yield. Aka very little scut with good operative experience and teaching, which adds up to literally months of your life given back to you to develop an academic career or have extra OR time. 100+ hour weeks with tons of BS is so 20th century.

Bottom 3: Georgetown, UChicago, Jeff
- Weird culture and generally malignant, while not even being prestigious. I get why people would want to pay the price in blood for greatness at places like UCSF and Pitt, but these are simply not worth it imo

Nice list and reasoning. IMO as a SubI of BWH, weird culture and lots of cliques and antagonism amongst resident group.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)