Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 bottom 3
What's wrong with the BWH culture?
Bitter subi who didn’t match there?
Any time you put 21-28 people in a room, there will be complicated interpersonal dynamics

For example, how many people in your med school do you actually like?

Culture comes from the top (program leadership). Asking for everyone in your program to be your best friend is totally unrealistic
True.

But neurosurgery is demanding. No one needs malignancy. It’s not worth it.
(04-01-2022, 07:34 PM)Guest Wrote: Any time you put 21-28 people in a room, there will be complicated interpersonal dynamics

For example, how many people in your med school do you actually like?

Culture comes from the top (program leadership). Asking for everyone in your program to be your best friend is totally unrealistic

Not best friend but tolerable. Even in med school, some people just cannot be tolerated. Most everyone else is decent and some are close friends. Some programs appear to be a magnet for dysfunctional personalities.
(04-01-2022, 04:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Bitter subi who didn’t match there?

Nah, it was 12th on my list. I’m just doing a public service announcement
Whatever dude. It’s one of the two Harvard programs, with low scut, two years of protected time and more operative experience than MGH. It’s objectively a great deal. Everyone is still going to apply. People can figure out whether they vibe or not with the residents/attendings during the interview.

- original top 3 bottom 3 poster

Also, BWH had very few subi’s this year so either you’re putting yourself at great risk of being exposed, or some completely lying med student…

(04-02-2022, 09:41 AM)Guest Wrote: Whatever dude. It’s one of the two Harvard programs, with low scut, two years of protected time and more operative experience than MGH. It’s objectively a great deal. Everyone is still going to apply. People can figure out whether they vibe or not with the residents/attendings during the interview.

Also, BWH had very few subi’s this year so either you’re putting yourself at great risk of being exposed, or some completely lying med student…

And Beth Israel
I specifically ranked and matched somewhere because they don’t do any of the hellish 12+ hour massive spine deformity or 10 level open fusions and they do lots of everything else and very strict about 80 hour work week.
What’s the resident autonomy situation at the Harvard programs? I’ve heard that since the Boston globe article on concurrent surgery and ensuing fallout attendings have to be in the room for the duration of surgery, is that true?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)