Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
didnt match
Go into something else, don’t waste time, plenty of other fantastic well-compensated fields in medicine
Would echo the above. People get too hung up on "neurosurgery is my life's passionate and its the only job I'd ever want or do" when in reality there are plenty of good fields out there.
I agree there are other fields that I could have been happy in, but I guess I would point out that for someone who just tried unsuccessfully to get into neurosurgery other desirable fields thatThey might consider maybe equal or even greater challenges
(03-20-2022, 10:59 AM)Guest Wrote: Go into something else, don’t waste time, plenty of other fantastic well-compensated fields in medicine

You talk as though OP can just walk into a competitive field. That is not the case, its going to be work just to soap/scramble into IM quite frankly.
Sort of anticipating myself in this situation next year. Thoughts on dual apply from the start vs. only apply NSRG --> SOAP?
(03-21-2022, 12:05 AM)Guest Wrote: Sort of anticipating myself in this situation next year. Thoughts on dual apply from the start vs. only apply NSRG --> SOAP?

The SOAP is one of the most traumatic things I’ve been through, far worse than the death of my parents or any heartbreak or failure etc. it is something to be avoided at all costs.
(03-21-2022, 12:42 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 12:05 AM)Guest Wrote: Sort of anticipating myself in this situation next year. Thoughts on dual apply from the start vs. only apply NSRG --> SOAP?

The SOAP is one of the most traumatic things I’ve been through, far worse than the death of my parents or any heartbreak or failure etc. it is something to be avoided at all costs.
I don’t know if you lost your parents but this is such a strange statement.
(03-21-2022, 07:13 AM)Guest Wrote:

It’s strange if you’ve never been through SOAP. Dual apply so you don’t have to go through it. Yes I struggled more that week and following year than I did after my parents passed away…people don’t commit suicide when one of their parents die but it happens all the time during SOAP week.
(03-21-2022, 08:56 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 07:13 AM)Guest Wrote:

It’s strange if you’ve never been through SOAP. Dual apply so you don’t have to go through it. Yes I struggled more that week and following year than I did after my parents passed away…people don’t commit suicide when one of their parents die but it happens all the time during SOAP week.

Everyone has a different relationship with their parents and SOAP is undoubtedly a shake up to your world view and sense of self. For those reading at home, remember that you’re not this person. “[suicide] happens all the time during SOAP week” is such an unfounded claim and peak histrionics
https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-rep...ives/93454

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)