Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID crisis
Having your sense of self-worth tied entirely to the fact that you’re a neurosurgeon is a dangerous proposition. Training has lots of ups and down, and it’s likelier than not that at one point you’ll question your ability to be a competent neurosurgeon, which can trigger quite the existential crisis. I’d encourage you to let go of the past, be a good doctor, and find some joy in your life.
(04-03-2022, 02:33 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 08:48 AM)Guest Wrote: I’m convinced those attendings (in any specialty really) who go on rampant power trips are likely one very insecure and most likely were bullied or “losers” for most of their life. I have the most respect for the calm cool collected type

I was bullied my entire fucking life and now I want to become a neurosurgeon and show my bullies who won in life. I want to match at a top place and then become "friends" with them on social media and show them what became of that fucking loser whom you constantly tormented.

This is the worst motivation to become a neurosurgeon I’ve ever heard and you really need to do something else. Specifically need to look out for people who look like they were bullied and not let them in during interviews.
There are so many people that go into neurosurgery to inflate their sense of self worth in their mind and in the minds of others. It doesn’t work.
(04-03-2022, 06:00 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 02:33 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 08:48 AM)Guest Wrote: I’m convinced those attendings (in any specialty really) who go on rampant power trips are likely one very insecure and most likely were bullied or “losers” for most of their life. I have the most respect for the calm cool collected type

I was bullied my entire fucking life and now I want to become a neurosurgeon and show my bullies who won in life. I want to match at a top place and then become "friends" with them on social media and show them what became of that fucking loser whom you constantly tormented.

This is the worst motivation to become a neurosurgeon I’ve ever heard and you really need to do something else. Specifically need to look out for people who look like they were bullied and not let them in during interviews.

How do you know if someone was bullied just by looking at them?
I just tell people I'm a surgeon. If they ask more great, then they're probably legitimately curious. I don't need to impress anyone with my job and to be honest I'm retiring as soon as I can for my far more interesting ventures. This field is the way it is because of "people who got to call themselves neurosurgeons."
(04-03-2022, 09:09 PM)Guest Wrote: I just tell people I'm a surgeon. If they ask more great, then they're probably legitimately curious. I don't need to impress anyone with my job and to be honest I'm retiring as soon as I can for my far more interesting ventures. This field is the way it is because of "people who got to call themselves neurosurgeons."

I keep it even more vague and say i work in the hospital.. if they inquire further yea I’ll divulge. curious about your interesting ventures?
All the the vanity seeking men and women going into this field are in for a rude awakening. After 7 years of residency and then 10 years as an attending there will be a mass exodus.
(04-04-2022, 08:54 AM)Guest Wrote: All the the vanity seeking men and women going into this field are in for a rude awakening. After 7 years of residency and then 10 years as an attending there will be a mass exodus.

What does this mean?
(04-04-2022, 12:42 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 09:09 PM)Guest Wrote: I just tell people I'm a surgeon. If they ask more great, then they're probably legitimately curious. I don't need to impress anyone with my job and to be honest I'm retiring as soon as I can for my far more interesting ventures. This field is the way it is because of "people who got to call themselves neurosurgeons."

I keep it even more vague and say i work in the hospital.. if they inquire further yea I’ll divulge. curious about your interesting ventures?

I keep it even more vague and just say I work in a big office. If they ask more, I say hospital, surgeon, etc.
Virtually all short men were bullied at some point in their lives. If you are a short man the only way to get respect and shows your bullies who won is by achieving success and a high status. No other way to do it.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)