Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS3 Clinical Grades
Yes you are missing something but it is not my job to force advice on you. I have explained my perspective which is based on my own success and years of watching the most successful applicants.
(12-05-2022, 08:19 AM)Focus Wrote: The response to my post is a great example of what I am getting at. A small group of posters here denigrate having interpersonal skills and experiences as drinking, sex, and now steroid use. I don't care if you are the top of some other field or sport. It's about three-dimensionality. This worship of step scores and publication count is an attempt to fill a three-dimensional void by maxing out two dimensions. It only works to a certain extent. They are nice because they are a quantifiable, easy metric that takes a lot less creativity to achieve, assess, and judge. You just have to grind up to a point at least. Notice how no one on that side of the argument seems to talk about publication quality or publication impact. It's just getting that 20 plus number. That is the perceived salvation of the socially awkward. I feel like I am reading a red pill website some of the time on this forum. Don't knock "drinking and sex" until you have tried it. Churning out five publications isn't going to solve the interpersonal conflict between you and the ER attending who wants to get you fired. The next research deadline is not going to help you burn off steam when you kill your first patient and feel like a huge tub of crap. I am not interviewing applicants for a residency position. I'm interviewing applicants for eventual graduation from residency. You do me no credit if you fizzle out on your first day of trauma call.

Charlie Wilson and Mitchel Berger did just fine. Neither meet that mold you describe.
If you say so.
Lots of autists here who are never going to match into NS. We have some autists in our class, they will just argue and argue with you over the smallest thing... very rigid thinking. So no matter how smart they are these guys just cannot work with people. Quite frankly they are a danger as they will do the wrong thing instead of changing their thinking/way of doing things. Arrogant too. I'm guessing that asking about "hobbies" is a good way to screen them out.
You know Mitch Berger played in the NFL right
Practice squad in like the 60s. An accomplishment for sure, but not exactly Derrick Henry
Boy children, get a grip. You all want to profess that you Know The Answer, and many of you want to be Elon Musk. Neither is possible. Go help someone, you might learn something. Neurosurgery is brutal, your patients die a lot. Prepare yourself to prevent that from happening as often as you can, and either strengthen your ability not to care, or develop a way to care and carry on.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)