Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way more applicants?
Definitely a record number of apllicants this year at our institution. And we usually get a lot of applicants.

*applicants
(09-21-2017, 06:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Definitely a record number of apllicants this year at our institution. And we usually get a lot of applicants.

*applicants

For residency, or sub-i's?  Not totally clear in the context of the rest of this thread.
(07-25-2017, 07:03 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 04:57 PM)Focus Wrote: We evaluate sub-is by the same criteria we evaluate applications: a panel of volunteer residents/attendings review the applications and rate them based on grades, boards scores, research output, school tier, and any other information we might get in the application packet. We try to squeeze ideally all those who apply, but inevitably a few get rejected due to over application for a specific month, in which case we select those with the highest average score.

(07-25-2017, 05:54 PM)socrates Wrote: Every program has an algorithm, but as @Focus indicated, those are the general criteria used for selection.

Thanks! Makes sense, essentially the same process as is used for rank lists. On average, what would you all say is the number of sub-I's at an institution per cycle? I'm guessing 3-5/month for July-September = 9-15 total sub-I's/cycle? I'm sure there is variability (I've heard some popular programs can have 25+ Sub-Is/cycle) but, on average, I can't imagine an institution being able to accommodate more than 3-5/month.

they don't care about school tier!!!
Yes we do, just not much.
(09-21-2017, 06:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Definitely a record number of apllicants this year at our institution. And we usually get a lot of applicants.

*applicants

Like how many for this application cycle?  >300?

I feel like people applied to so many programs this year.  And so many people did so many sub Is.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)