Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-residency Fellowship
^So you're a has been resident who got kicked out of his program with 600k debt? Now you creep on this forum talking about how you're in it for the money. Sounds like a case of narcissistic personality disorder.

You've been on this forum for a while talking about your intense hatred for midlevels. Get help man. I would kick you out of my program too.
That is hurtful. Thanks for rubbing in more pain for someone already at the bottom. Hope you feel great.
I feel sorry for OP. I hope and pray for him.

People will never admit that some folks are just dealt a bad hand in life. I've seen a guy in my class like OP. This guy has Asperger's. A great guy. But some girls find him repulsive and started ugly rumors about him. I know for a fact that these rumors are false, and luckily nothing happened to him. But I would imagine that nurses/mid-levels can be much more hurtful.

Personally, I'd imagine OP attended one of those Woke programs that want "teamwork". These programs will throw their doctors under the bus if a nurse told them to. I suspect he has high-functioning autism too (going to an interview and mentioning "money" as your main motivator is nothing if not autistic). Probably, he was seduced by a nurse, left her, she got hurt and sought to destroy him.

If you are a minority, you are doubly screwed when a white woman accuses you of anything. Add in autism, MeToo, and teamwork woke BS, and you are set up for failure.

I wish OP the best. Since he--by his own admission--is only motivated by money, I'd suggest he look into radiology, anesthesiology or gen surg or even internal med and then cardio/GI. Its easy to transition from NS, especially since he seems to have the goodwill of his previous program. I have heard stories of kids getting dismissed from med school because of false accusations, so I guess he doesn't have it that bad, relatively speaking.
I'm really starting to believe every poster on this website is actually just ChatGPT talking to itself after ingesting every Fox News forum and Youtube comments section
(06-23-2023, 09:54 PM)Guest Wrote: 600k was a calculated decision from a top tier medical education to become a neurosurgeon. You can't just "take a full loan over a scholarship". Obviouslly one would take a scholarship if given the opportunity. Unfortunately, not everyone qualifies for one. It was 600k+ to pursue a life dream, which was cut short half way through residency due to personal reasons. It can happen to anyone, for any reason. They use professionalism as an excuse to get people out. One they want you out, they start documenting petty things just to put stuff on paper.

Not everyone is treated the same. Someone can commit the same offenses and be fine b/c they are well liked, and/or perform a ton of research and be saved. Whereas others can have a great personality and do great in the OR, but if they have personal beef with an attending (fair or unfair), the nurses get on your wrong side, or your chief doesn't like you then you are done. Its not like a regular job where its pretty easy to apply to another and continue. Residency is a limiting step to continue, and leaving it not only wrecks your career, but wrecks someone mentally, physically, spirtually. The pain builds daily, unless you have been through anythign like it, many will not understand. If you have chased something for 14+ years of your life, excelled in all your classes and exams, leadership, reseaqrch, 600k+ in debt, all to be done for personal reasons - I would like to see how you feel.

I have seen a resident get made fun of, put on probation, and almost fired at one place, but transferred and became a star resident at another. I have seen one resident who isn't that bad, but he is just socially awkward and slow, so people make fun of him and honestly gives him a bad enviroment to grow. The residency does not try to help him (on paper it does, but the environment with MD/PA/nurses etc do not). Some residents leave a top residency due arrogance or beef with a chief, then get picked up at a growing program b/c they publish research. It even happens at the attending level, people are asked to leave and its almost alway personal, its never this huge red flag. They have the protection that they have completed residency.

Every t20 school at the undergrad and med school level have great income based fin aid. The only way you wouldn’t qualify was if you came from a wealthy background, in which case you should have had plenty of support to reduce your loan burden. I’m still baffled that you took 600k in loans out chasing prestige. I know plenty of people who went to a less prestigious undergrad/med school to save money and still ended up getting into a high quality med school/residency.
600k in loans is likely just poor money management. He was probably living beyond his means buying stuff he couldn't afford.

(06-23-2023, 09:54 PM)Guest Wrote: 600k was a calculated decision from a top tier medical education to become a neurosurgeon. You can't just "take a full loan over a scholarship". Obviouslly one would take a scholarship if given the opportunity. Unfortunately, not everyone qualifies for one. It was 600k+ to pursue a life dream, which was cut short half way through residency due to personal reasons. It can happen to anyone, for any reason. They use professionalism as an excuse to get people out. One they want you out, they start documenting petty things just to put stuff on paper.

Not everyone is treated the same. Someone can commit the same offenses and be fine b/c they are well liked, and/or perform a ton of research and be saved. Whereas others can have a great personality and do great in the OR, but if they have personal beef with an attending (fair or unfair), the nurses get on your wrong side, or your chief doesn't like you then you are done. Its not like a regular job where its pretty easy to apply to another and continue. Residency is a limiting step to continue, and leaving it not only wrecks your career, but wrecks someone mentally, physically, spirtually. The pain builds daily, unless you have been through anythign like it, many will not understand. If you have chased something for 14+ years of your life, excelled in all your classes and exams, leadership, reseaqrch, 600k+ in debt, all to be done for personal reasons - I would like to see how you feel.

I have seen a resident get made fun of, put on probation, and almost fired at one place, but transferred and became a star resident at another. I have seen one resident who isn't that bad, but he is just socially awkward and slow, so people make fun of him and honestly gives him a bad enviroment to grow. The residency does not try to help him (on paper it does, but the environment with MD/PA/nurses etc do not). Some residents leave a top residency due arrogance or beef with a chief, then get picked up at a growing program b/c they publish research. It even happens at the attending level, people are asked to leave and its almost alway personal, its never this huge red flag. They have the protection that they have completed residency.

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Another sob story from a disgruntled resident who couldn't cut it. Cry me a river! You made a "calculated decision" to pursue a top-tier medical education and rack up a whopping $600k in debt to become a neurosurgeon. And now you're whining because your dreams were "cut short" due to so-called "personal reasons." Boo-hoo!

Let me break it down for you, pal. Scholarships exist for a reason, but apparently, you couldn't qualify for one. Tough luck! But hey, don't worry, you're not alone. Anyone can have their dreams shattered, right? Because, you know, life happens. Spare me the excuses and stop blaming others for your failures.

Oh, so now you're claiming that not everyone is treated the same? Welcome to the real world, my friend. It's called favoritism, and it happens everywhere, even in the prestigious world of medicine. Maybe if you were a little more likable or performed some actual research, you could have saved your sorry behind. But no, you had to have personal beef with an attending or rub the nurses the wrong way. Guess what? That's on you!

Residency is tough, we get it. But newsflash: it's not a regular job where you can easily jump ship and find another one. It's a "limiting step," as you put it, and leaving it wrecks your career? Cry me a river, again! Maybe you should have thought about that before taking on that mountain of debt and dedicating 14+ years of your life to this pursuit. Oh, the pain, the mental anguish! Spare me!

And now we have stories of residents getting made fun of, put on probation, and almost fired. Well, isn't that just precious? You must be the spokesperson for all the socially awkward and slow residents out there. Maybe if they stopped being such a drag on the medical team, they would receive better treatment. But no, it's always the environment's fault, right? Give me a break!

Listen up, people. Residency isn't a walk in the park. It's tough, it's demanding, and it requires more than just a great personality. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the operating room! Stop blaming everyone else for your failures and take some personal responsibility. And to those residents who think they can get away with arrogance or beef with their chiefs, well, guess what? Karma eventually catches up to you, and you'll be shown the door. Deal with it!

So, to all you poor, misunderstood residents out there, stop with the pity party and get back to work. Life isn't fair, and the sooner you realize that, the better. This is the real world, folks, and it's time to toughen up or move on.
Awkward southeast asian DO kid strikes again
The person posting above is considered online bullying, protected against a screen. If you acted like that way in real life, you would be considered arrogant and entitled. Think about what you post, that was just hurtful and demeaning.
Millennial sjw strikes again
Hiring someone because you want them on your team is hardly woke. Is football "woke?" Consider how you can contribute to the team where you are interviewing and pitch yourself as that player. It's not very complicated if you look at this holistically.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)