Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bcm
Quote:Heard about a big shot PD a while ago who slept with a PGY6's wife but they sat and took it without retaliating because they wanted a rec letter for fellowship. If you really want something that much you'll bear anything to achieve it

Whatever the PD may do, He has given you the ability to perform neurosurgery. 

Never commit treason against a benefactor. Its the biggest crime in Dante's circle.
PGY-2 position opened up bc one of the first-year residents decided to leave neurosurgery altogether and chose a specialty/program closer to home. Baylor has a brutal reputation for overworking residents who don't come out happy. Current culture seems malignant
lol not true^
(05-18-2023, 10:14 PM)Guest Wrote: lol not true^

How do you know it's not true? Any connection to bcm?
(05-17-2023, 08:28 PM)Guest Wrote: ^Sounds like a true beta male. Also evidence that a resident shouldn’t get married until after residency. No female will put up with a resident for 7 years. Just look at the beta male Paul Kalanithi. Guilt tripped his wife into having a child knowing he didn’t have much time left.

This is incredibly disgusting and rude. I truly hope none of you interview at my program.
^Are they wrong though? Having a child knowing you won't be able to take care of them is selfish and disgusting. Kid will grow up scarred. Plenty of data that supports this.
^ If you are a man its an alpha move. Research has shown that fathers have very little positive benefit--aside from financial benefit. Kalanithi is a true alpha -- his wife still keeps his last name even -- not sure why people call him a beta.
What I don’t understand is why he decided to write a book in the first place once he knew he was dying. You haven’t accomplished anything yet in life and are unknown by everyone. Maybe he wanted to feel that his years at ivy institutions were worth it and he was valuable to society
^^ If I were dying, I would spend any extra time with my wife/kid. Instead he just spent all his time writing a book. Can't understand.
I had a huge admiration for Kalanithi when I was younger. However I had a chance to reread certain snippets of his book now that I am further along in my training and I have a lost a good deal of respect for him. He had several concerning character flaws. His wife was going to leave him and I can see why.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)