Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open PGY-2 positions
the pain from not having a residency just builds and builds and BUILDS AND BUILDS

That build is the spark, the desire to achieve at the next level and go into overdrive. People who have not failed before will not get what that spark is. Many firings have nothing to do about personal ability, but more about politics. Take for example, Steve Jobs fired after a conflict with his CEO. He went on to become bigger and better.
^ Massive cope. Steve Jobs is literally 1 in a billion. The vast majority of men cannot overcome such setback. The majority succumb.

With that being said, if God is on your side anything is possible.
There should be a separate nsgy forum just for imgs to do their complaining
Why would a program decide not to fill an open pgy4 position?
I have recieved multiple interviews for off-cycle spots in the past 6 months. Obviouslly my LORs and reference's phone calls are good enough to get me an interview, but then a program decides not to fill the spot or ghosts. What is going on, how can I improved, looking for constructive feedback?
Maybe your interview wrong? The same happened to me for medical school too. I'd get multiple interviews, then no acceptances. I'd just assume that something was wrong with my application, but then I did a practice interview with a friend and he told me all the things I was doing wrong. shortly after, I received two A's.
how do you find open residency positions? i cant seem to find any.
What year you looking for and why?
600k in loans, that's why
If it is about money, ppen your own clinic in primary care you can make 1 mill +, have a few friends who do. You dont even need residency, just license to be able to do general practice stuff. Mens health testosterone clinic, genetic testing, remote patient monitoring, weight loss, asthetics, etc... I was once in neurosurgery and went this route and never looked back. Used my money and invested into crypto a few years ago and made more money than I need in life to be comfortable.

I was a senior resident when left and was upset for a while, but realize you are an MD and in control of your life. You have the smarts and work ethic for neurosurgery, you can set yourself up for life. You were probably fired/resigned for some BS reason of not getting along with your co-residents/attendings/nurses. I control my life now and it feels amazing.

If you are wanting to do neurosurgery b/c you love it, then do reseasrch. Email every person you can to ask to do reaserch or see clinic patients for them. Try to get into a fellowship. Show who you are. You will have haters, people won't try to understand your situation b/c many people haven't face adversity, but keep your head high and tread strong. If you don't quit, that same no quit attitude will save someones life down the road.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)