Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open PGY-2 positions
"If it is about money, ppen your own clinic in primary care you can make 1 mill +, have a few friends who do. You dont even need residency, just license to be able to do general practice stuff. Mens health testosterone clinic, genetic testing, remote patient monitoring, weight loss, asthetics, etc... I was once in neurosurgery and went this route and never looked back. Used my money and invested into crypto a few years ago and made more money than I need in life to be comfortable.

I was a senior resident when left and was upset for a while, but realize you are an MD and in control of your life. You have the smarts and work ethic for neurosurgery, you can set yourself up for life. You were probably fired/resigned for some BS reason of not getting along with your co-residents/attendings/nurses. I control my life now and it feels amazing.

If you are wanting to do neurosurgery b/c you love it, then do reseasrch. Email every person you can to ask to do reaserch or see clinic patients for them. Try to get into a fellowship. Show who you are. You will have haters, people won't try to understand your situation b/c many people haven't face adversity, but keep your head high and tread strong. If you don't quit, that same no quit attitude will save someones life down the road."

But my guy, you're still never going to be an actual neurosurgeon. You're actually never going to impact lives tinkering with spreadsheets as an actual neurosurgeon. Stop coping and just accept the fact that you were never good enough to make it all the way.
^ You have to cope to avoid the rope.
Disagree with above statements, i have seen many people out from residency programs purely due to persoanlity conflicts and nothing else.

And I have seen many who have been "fired" get back into another program usually 1-3 years later, and they became succesful neurosurgeons. The same political BS happens at the attending level, but they don't have the hurdle of ACGME limiting them.
Has anyone bene kicked out as a pgy6/7? If so what are the options?
seppuku
You'd have to repeat some time if you can find a program to accept you. There is a minimum number of months you must be at the program you are graduating from. It may be 24 or 36 months I can't remember.
I’ve interviewed with 5 program. No one is wanting to fill their spots. Some programs even have 3-4+ openings. My PD has called programs and is the reason I get interviews. Trying to figure out what I am lacking as the feedback is bleak. What would I need to do to convince a program to take me? Written boards passed and many residents and attendings who do speak highly of me and have made calls/emails.

I didn’t get along with some key residents and nurses (a few I dated then broke up with) in my first program. Instead of taking the abuse, I let my feelings take over but was called as “angry”. It’s BS and there are 2 sides to any story.
@Focus why was UH down for 1.5 months?
I always say that the most dangerous component in any hospital are the nurses/staff. Far more dangerous than the most resistant MRSA. I have seen nurses intentionally harm patients because they didn't like the patient. I get terrified of them.

People on the bottom of any hierarchy tend to be angry and bitter, and want to bring others down with them; spread the misery.

Some, I assume, are good people.
(09-20-2023, 02:45 PM)Guest Wrote: @Focus why was UH down for 1.5 months?

The intern in the hamster wheel that powers the server fell asleep.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)