Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open PGY-2 positions
More importantly what is a program looking at for someone trying to get back in? What do they need to know?
Don’t have 600k in loans is a start
(09-20-2023, 02:06 PM)Guest Wrote: I’ve interviewed with 5 program. No one is wanting to fill their spots. Some programs even have 3-4+ openings. My PD has called programs and is the reason I get interviews. Trying to figure out what I am lacking as the feedback is bleak. What would I need to do to convince a program to take me? Written boards passed and many residents and attendings who do speak highly of me and have made calls/emails.

I didn’t get along with some key residents and nurses (a few I dated then broke up with) in my first program. Instead of taking the abuse, I let my feelings take over but was called as “angry”. It’s BS and there are 2 sides to any story.

Key residents are to be feared, especially if they are slackers who play well with the system and have political protection.
why do programs not backfill? there are 40+ openings right now if they did, makes no sense
^like where? 40 openings…that’s bold
Two residents quit from Rutgers in past year. Do they have opening?
Rutgers fired a senior resident and they moved to Louisville, so there is at least one spot at Rutgers. Wisconsin Milwauke program fired a junior resident so there should be a spot. Loma Linda residents might leave due to probation so potentially several spots.
when did they move to Lousiville? what year are they there? Lousiville earlier this year said they weren't filling any open spots...
What is happening in Loma Linda and is it for sure going to take place (that current residents leave)? They are in the match this season.
Rutgers also on probation. Aren't they in the match this season also?

https://apps.acgme-i.org/ads/Public/Reports/ReportRun

Both Loma Linda and Rutgers on probation.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)