Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to plan on SOAPing?
Yale is real. Doubt anyone is sitting on 10 interviews unless they applied to 90% of this list.

Way too early to start worrying. Give it another week or two. If still nothing, talk to your PD/adviser/PI and make some calls. If no luck, start thinking prelim/TY programs. Still a long way to go before worrying about SOAP. Good luck
Well I applied to about 90% of the programs and I'm sitting on 2 interviews. I too am anticipating not matching. There must be a bunch of 250+ applying this year.

Question for previous applicants: once these programs send out initial invites does that mean they are all done looking at applications?
(09-26-2017, 05:51 AM)Guest Wrote: Well I applied to about 90% of the programs and I'm sitting on 2 interviews.  I too am anticipating not matching.  There must be a bunch of 250+ applying this year.

Question for previous applicants: once these programs send out initial invites does that mean they are all done looking at applications?

I'm 250+ and AOA and only have 5 interviews, if it makes you feel better.
I also applied to like 90% of the programs with a 250 step and have 5 interviews. One being from my subI.
Exactly. No one has like 10 interviews. You're all psyching yourselves out. 2-5 is normal. 0 means more are coming. Everyone needs to chill.
(09-26-2017, 08:54 AM)Guest Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 05:51 AM)Guest Wrote: Well I applied to about 90% of the programs and I'm sitting on 2 interviews.  I too am anticipating not matching.  There must be a bunch of 250+ applying this year.

but with your pubs you suck
(09-26-2017, 05:45 PM)Guest Wrote:

Pretty sure publications play no role in interview invites, at least for the majority of programs that have sent out invites.

u jelly?
(09-26-2017, 10:37 PM)Guest Wrote:

Pretty sure publications play no role in interview invites, at least for the majority of programs that have sent out invites.
You really think Michigan or Yale sent out invites without looking at publications?
I think it is time to panic now. I need some benzos and whiskey. Neurosurgery was just never meant to be. Sorry to myself and my parents for trying.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)