Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rejections?
I envy you two ^. You will match.
18 invites. 5 rejections.
does not getting a rejection count as still be considered if invites were already sent out?
Guestdoes not getting a rejection count as still be considered if invites were already sent out?

I believe the general consensus is that most programs simply do not send rejections, even when your application is no longer in consideration. That may be impossible to say definitively in my opinion though, since you may be next in line for the waitlist if someone drops  their reserved date.
Thanks for the response, I was more specifically referring to the programs that are known to have sent out rejections
(10-16-2017, 08:28 PM)Guest Wrote: Thanks for the response, I was more specifically referring to the programs that are known to have sent out rejections

Ah I see. My apologies. I don't have a good answer for that that wouldn't just be conjecture.
Didn't get a UT Southwestern rejection when they came out and ended up getting an invite a few days later. May mean they have you on a second wave of interviews/waitlist. With regard to places that haven't explicitly sent out rejections I have no idea.
Interesting. I wonder if there is any way to find out where you stand on the waitlist itself then? For example, I have received neither an invitation nor rejection from Cornell yet...
(10-23-2017, 01:49 PM)Guest Wrote: Interesting. I wonder if there is any way to find out where you stand on the waitlist itself then? For example, I have received neither an invitation nor rejection from Cornell yet...

Something tells me the list is quite long unfortunately...
As feedback for future years, I think it would make this process a little less stressful if all programs sent out interviews, rejections, and waitlists. If I knew where I stood at every program that I applied to by this time of year I would have a better angle to gauge the rest of the year.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)