Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mount Sinai vs Rush?
(12-20-2017, 04:08 PM)Guest Wrote: Mt Sinai took people to a strip club right? What do you all think about that?

messed up, unprofessional, how can a department pay for a night out at a strip club?!?!?!?!?
(12-20-2017, 09:20 PM)Guest Wrote: Two completely different programs. Rush is more of an up and coming place with heavy spine focus. Mount Sinai is built around cerebrovascular surgery and is more of an old money type of program with not much room to grow considering the NYC area and the relative decline in academic prominence of the Mount Sinai name while NYU has gotten much bigger.

OP here. So would you say if you want to do cranial, choose sinai? and rush for spine? How about skull base,peds, and neuro-oncology at each of these places?
(12-21-2017, 05:12 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 09:20 PM)Guest Wrote: Two completely different programs. Rush is more of an up and coming place with heavy spine focus. Mount Sinai is built around cerebrovascular surgery and is more of an old money type of program with not much room to grow considering the NYC area and the relative decline in academic prominence of the Mount Sinai name while NYU has gotten much bigger.

OP here. So would you say if you want to do cranial, choose sinai? and rush for spine? How about skull base,peds, and neuro-oncology at each of these places?

Neuro-onc and skull base would probably be stronger at Sinai. You'd likely have more peds opportunities at Rush, although neither is a powerhouse.
(12-21-2017, 02:03 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 04:08 PM)Guest Wrote: Mt Sinai took people to a strip club right? What do you all think about that?

messed up, unprofessional, how can a department pay for a night out at a strip club?!?!?!?!?

Dept doesn't fund, the residents just go as a group. I hope I never work with you in my entire career
(12-21-2017, 06:38 PM)Guest Wrote:

Dept doesn't fund, the residents just go as a group. I hope I never work with you in my entire career
I hope I don't ever work with a male chauvinist pig like you who condones objectification of women especially by a neurosurgery program. residents represent the department and thus it's the whole dept to blame!
(12-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Guest Wrote:

I hope I don't ever work with a male chauvinist pig like you who condones objectification of women especially by a neurosurgery program. residents represent the department and thus it's the whole dept to blame!

Agree completely. Sexism, misogynistic tendencies, and objectification of women is an absolute disgrace to the entire field of neurosurgery.

Hopefully we learn from this and stop this nonsense.
Sinai is awesome. Great group of residents at a high volume program in a desirable city. Same goes for Rush if you're more of a midwestern person. Why not rotate at both and see what is a better fit for you?
(12-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Guest Wrote:

Objectification of women who voluntarily work there in order to earn money? What about women who go see male strippers, would you call them misandrists?
which program has better resident autonomy?
I always laugh when I see comments from clueless med students or residents. If you see ads everywhere in NYC, it's only because they have money. Sinai is neither strong in skull base or cerebrovascular. They are strong in endovascular but the service is run by 4 fellows and residents barely shadow there. Don't let other people fool you and make you waste a month there.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)