Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mount Sinai vs Rush?
I'd rather be at a program with money than no money. Who else is gonna by you loupes?

I'd rather have free titties than free loupes
(12-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 06:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 02:03 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 04:08 PM)Guest Wrote: Mt Sinai took people to a strip club right? What do you all think about that?

messed up, unprofessional, how can a department pay for a night out at a strip club?!?!?!?!?

Dept doesn't fund, the residents just go as a group. I hope I never work with you in my entire career
I hope I don't ever work with a male chauvinist pig like you who condones objectification of women especially by a neurosurgery program. residents represent the department and thus it's the whole dept to blame!

Go back to pinterust with the rest of the sea cow leg beards.
You guys are disgusting. We need more safe spaces in neurosurgery.

Consider the founding fathers of neurosurgery
(12-21-2017, 09:32 PM)Sinai Wrote: I always laugh when I see comments from clueless med students or residents. If you see ads everywhere in NYC, it's only because they have money. Sinai is neither strong in skull base or cerebrovascular. They are strong in endovascular but the service is run by 4 fellows and residents barely shadow there. Don't let other people fool you and make you waste a month there.

That's true but you can do an enfolded and be one of those fellows for a year and then go do an open vascular fellowship after residency. I think their chief last year did that and went to Barrow for open.
Decline Mt. Sinai and all it represents for its sexist, derogatory actions - taking only the male applicants to a strip club after the female applicants have left is unacceptable.
Interviewed at Sinai and thought it was a strong program. Largest health system in the city, and seemingly good operative experience throughout subspecialties. Residents were nice and people who sub-i there seemed to like it. Did not interview at Rush, but have heard good things as well. If interested in rotating in NYC, would consider rotating at a more marquee program like NYU or Columbia.
You guys are clueless. Sinai is arguably the strongest surgical training program in the city. It doesn't have the ivy league pedigree of Columbia or Cornell, but unlike those programs you'll see residents in the OR from intern year on. And, you will see senior and chief residents doing the cases and not watching. I've rotated (either Sub-i or 2nd look) at Sinai, Cornell and NYU, and Sinai caseload and resident operative experience speak for themselves.

As for the strip club, it wasn't paid for the department. A few residents wanted to hang out with each other and a few applicants decided to tag along. They won't be the first nuerosurgeons nor the last to visit a strip club. The Sinai residents were a nice, respectful, and diverse bunch and the atmosphere defintely did not come off as a boys club. Whoever is fanning the flames, is just trolling the message board. Sinai has long history of training female residents and all of them have been successful in finding solid academic jobs (UCSD, sinai, northwell, Stanford fellowship). That speaks a lot louder than one night out.
Sinai solidly in #4 spot in NYC. Not great at anything but good at most things. If looking for a mid level well rounded program, Sinai checks many boxes. But really not in the same league with NYU, Columbia or Cornell.
Anybody who believes the last post solidly doesn’t know NYC. Just like most of the recent posts on this message board (see chairs shuffling), all that is perpetuated on this thread and those is false information. It would be nice to have a forum that provided accurate assessments on programs and neurosurgery breaking news instead of all this garbage we see currently.
^This. On what planet is Cornell in a different league? Super hands on attendings, low volume in pretty much every subspecialty (except maybe tumor). Residents basically shadow at MSK. Maybe for undergrad but not in neurosurgery.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)