Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't match
Guest Wrote:Don't give up. I went through it back in the day. Perseverance really will pay off.

What method of perseverance did you use? Research year? Surg Prelim?
(03-12-2018, 04:53 PM)Guest Wrote: Don't give up. I went through it back in the day. Perseverance really will pay off.

I also didn't match.  It's harder and harder, but if you don't have a fundamental issue with your app, it may end up working out.
Also did not match. Tried again and it worked out. It's not the end of the world, which I know it feels like right now.
(03-12-2018, 04:59 PM)guestfasdf Wrote:
Guest Wrote:Don't give up. I went through it back in the day. Perseverance really will pay off.

I did a prelim surgery year and basically touched up my application (i.e. completed projects and found ever possible positive thing to add to the CV). I also applied everywhere and interviewed everywhere the second time.
(03-13-2018, 03:08 PM)Rematch Wrote:

I did a prelim surgery year and basically touched up my application (i.e. completed projects and found ever possible positive thing to add to the CV). I also applied everywhere and interviewed everywhere the second time.

did you interview at UCSF? pretty we didn't offer interviews to anyone with a prelim year
(03-13-2018, 03:38 PM)EGuest Wrote:

did you interview at UCSF? pretty we didn't offer interviews to anyone with a prelim year
Not the OP, but (through the magic of reason not encumbered by a false sense of elitism) I’ve concluded that they likely meant that they did not forego attending any interviews that they were invited to attend the second time around.
(03-13-2018, 06:11 PM)Guest Wrote:

Not the OP, but (through the magic of reason not encumbered by a false sense of elitism) I’ve concluded that they likely meant that they did not forego attending any interviews that they were invited to attend the second time around.

Lol and you have the gullibility to believe that poster is from ucsf
(03-14-2018, 12:57 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 04:59 PM)guestfasdf Wrote: What method of perseverance did you use? Research year? Surg Prelim?

Look at me. I'm the UCSF now.
(03-14-2018, 12:57 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 04:59 PM)guestfasdf Wrote: What method of perseverance did you use? Research year? Surg Prelim?

Yeah, I meant I took every interview I got and made no regional limitations, unlike my first time.
Sorry to hear this.  I know of a few (undeserving) people that also didn't match.  If you received a ton of interview invites, then chances are that you should've matched, and I wouldn't give up.  Touch up the application and re-apply.  Times goes fast.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)